PDA

View Full Version : Best top of the line alarm for the RX-8

HardHitter
09-03-2005, 06:56 PM
This thread is simple, I am looking to get the top of the line alarm for my car including all the bells a whistles, remote start, window module, pager, etc etc. What are some good ones and any experiences?

davidfre21
09-03-2005, 06:59 PM
viper is #1 isnt it?

or clifford

chinny
09-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Viper 791XV

HardHitter
09-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Does it come with the remote start or will I need to buy that on my own? Also, what other modules are there for this alarm or comes with it.

HardHitter
09-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Along with the alarm, I am probably going to be getting a radar too, so what is basically the top of the line radar too and any experiences with them?

audiolife
09-04-2005, 07:10 PM
is your rx-8 a manual? if so good luck with insurance. here (indiana) if you have a manual tranny and a remote start they wont even give you insurance lol funny story how i found out too brand new wrx got totaled and thats all i am going to say. if you dont say anything its still sort of obious that something stupid happened lol if it ever turns on while in gear

Defiler
09-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Compustar.

And yes you can have a remote start in a manual car legally. I have it in mine. But in order for it to work you must: 1. put in neutral 2. pull the eBrake 3. take foot off brake 4. take the key out (the car still runs at this point)5. get out and shut the door.( the car will turn off at this point and put the alarm in reserve mode) If you disarm the car at any time before using the autostart it will disengage the reserve mode.

Yeah my remote is big for the compustar but what do you expect for something that puts out 1W of power and can EASILY comunicate 5 blocks through buildings and a mile with line of sight.

TOTL Radar...Valintine One

Hook Me Up
09-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Get the Viper i believe its the 941 xv with GPS. I have the 941xv without gps thats an additional 500, window popper for both front windows is about 150 but thats the best thing you can get, and im from indiana too

audiolife
09-07-2005, 11:50 PM
legal has nothing to do with an insurance company willing to cover a car. just make sure they (the insurance company) know about it.

Hook Me Up
09-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Yes, or they can bust your SHI T for that stuff. I got the viper got stuff stolen and the DEI comp covered it but insurance didnt becasue they didnt know about it. DEI only covered down payment

pimpn04coupe
09-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Compustar.

And yes you can have a remote start in a manual car legally. I have it in mine. But in order for it to work you must: 1. put in neutral 2. pull the eBrake 3. take foot off brake 4. take the key out (the car still runs at this point)5. get out and shut the door.( the car will turn off at this point and put the alarm in reserve mode) If you disarm the car at any time before using the autostart it will disengage the reserve mode.

Yeah my remote is big for the compustar but what do you expect for something that puts out 1W of power and can EASILY comunicate 5 blocks through buildings and a mile with line of sight.

TOTL Radar...Valintine One
do you have to do that process if you have automatic too? i dont want for that to happen when i get out of my car and all that, please let me know, because im just about to purchase an alarm...

audiolife
09-08-2005, 06:53 PM
nope

Defiler
09-08-2005, 09:47 PM
do you have to do that process if you have automatic too? i dont want for that to happen when i get out of my car and all that, please let me know, because im just about to purchase an alarm...
nope

Lil Poot
09-08-2005, 11:09 PM
dei will pay for anything that gets stolen and one of their alarms was properly installed? i've got the compustar 900fm but if thats the case i wish i'd gone clifford :crap:

FoxPro5
09-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Compustar 2WSS. 1.25 mile range and it will work on that manual RX-8 :yumyum:

bri487
09-09-2005, 12:10 AM
compustar is the ****.

Prowler573
09-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I don't have a two-way alarm and cannot comment on the good ones.

As far radar detectors I have a Beltronics Pro RX65 and it has saved me literally thousands in tickets since installing it.
If they're still running the trade-in program you can get an Pro RX65 direct from Bel for a few cents shy of $300 with a 3yr factory warranty that also covers any software upgrades that become available within the warranty period. LOVE IT :D

Defiler
09-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Forgot to mention the model i have. It's the 2WSS-AS (alarm with remote start) in my Matrix XR 5 speed. Lifetime warranty if installed by a registered dealer.

lotas
09-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Forgot to mention the model i have. It's the 2WSS-AS (alarm with remote start) in my Matrix XR 5 speed. Lifetime warranty if installed by a registered dealer.
i have the same alarm and i love it.

i too have a manual, and it works great. If you have a manual, compustar is the way to go. If you have an automatic, I would still go with compustar ;)