PDA

View Full Version : So i feel dumb for asking this

grant862
09-02-2005, 02:52 AM
In my car there were factory woofers in the kickpanels and tweeters in the door. I replaced the woofer with a coaxial speaker and turned the tweeter off. Even got an amp for the coaxial, all in all not happy with the highs coming from my feet. Now i have no idea how to install components. However i have speaker wire running from my amp to my coaxials in the kick panel and the cars factory wire running to both the kick panel and tweeter location in the front door.

so basically how do i wire components for my car. do i run the speaker wire from the amp to the xover and then connect the woofer and tweeter to the xover or how does that work exactly. I know this is probably really basic and dumb but ive looked around a lot and kind find the answer to this simple question. Thanks

bri487
09-02-2005, 02:55 AM
since i hate factory wiring, i pull it all out and run new stuff. i know it is a little more work, but i prefer that to a mess of wires in the car.

grant862
09-02-2005, 03:01 AM
yeah me too but do i have the idea down for wiring componenets.....speaker wire from the amp to the xover and then wire from the xover to the tweeter and woofer?

bri487
09-02-2005, 03:05 AM
yeah me too but do i have the idea down for wiring componenets.....speaker wire from the amp to the xover and then wire from the xover to the tweeter and woofer?

yep.

grant862
09-02-2005, 03:10 AM
Thanks