PDA

View Full Version : ordered an 8455

Beyond
08-31-2005, 11:03 PM
ordered the 8455 today ... will be here in 5 days .. can't wait!!

a question though, will the 8455 compare to a p9 at all?

alphakenny1
08-31-2005, 11:15 PM
a lil off topic but how much did you get it for and where?

3.5Max6spd
09-01-2005, 11:36 AM
a question though, will the 8455 compare to a p9 at all?

no. P9 = double the money, external brain/processor, more flexible.

But I think you will be impressed/content with its performance for the price. Aside of sat and mp3 ready(if you'll use that)....

Beyond
09-01-2005, 03:08 PM
a lil off topic but how much did you get it for and where?

i got the hu for 649, 40 for install, and tax. so about 710ish. i got it from the stereo shop in winston salem, nc. it's gonna take 5 days to get here so that *****, for 60 more i could have had it here in 2, but that's a little much. another thing that ***** is winston is a good ways from me.. wondering if anything goes wrong with the unit if i'm gonna have to go back down there or if i'll just ship it to eclipse or what..

Beyond
09-01-2005, 03:11 PM
no. P9 = double the money, external brain/processor, more flexible.

But I think you will be impressed/content with its performance for the price. Aside of sat and mp3 ready(if you'll use that)....

yeah, i think i'll be happy with the eclipse. i've never been a pioneer fan, but i was impressed with the p9 (i guess i should be for the money)

about aside from sat and mp3 ready.. were you saying that with the 8455 you have to buy the things for them and the p9 has them, or that sat radio and mp3 aren't any good on the 8455? what do you mean by mp3 ready? it will play mp3 cds as is, right?

3.5Max6spd
09-01-2005, 04:18 PM
yeah, i think i'll be happy with the eclipse. i've never been a pioneer fan, but i was impressed with the p9 (i guess i should be for the money)

about aside from sat and mp3 ready.. were you saying that with the 8455 you have to buy the things for them and the p9 has them, or that sat radio and mp3 aren't any good on the 8455? what do you mean by mp3 ready? it will play mp3 cds as is, right?

The p9 doesnt support mp3, nor is it Sat ready-its an older unit.

Whereas the Eclipse will play mp3's, and is sat ready (just need to purchase the antenna/subscription)

JLCivic
09-01-2005, 04:30 PM

Whereas the Eclipse will play mp3's, and is sat ready (just need to purchase the antenna/subscription)

antenna/receiver/subscription..........satellite is well worth it, imo.

Beyond
09-01-2005, 06:28 PM
ooh i see.. thanks. i def. wouldn't like the p9 then.

i'm pretty excited though. i think the price i got it for is pretty average.. i hope anyways. but i'm positive it'll sound better than my sony cdx-m9900.. it has to, even if the sony is a 600 dollar unit. even without an amp to my speakers i bet the eclipse will sound better.. can't wait :)

alphakenny1
09-01-2005, 07:40 PM
nice when you get the deck give us a quick review for that there's only a few out there.

adam71
09-01-2005, 10:32 PM

I beg to differ on the Sat ready statement. The P9 is XM ready. The P9 is also compatible with Sirius. Any Pioneer head unit that is P-bus compatible can control any product (xm tuner, sirius tuner, cd changer, etc...) that is P-bus compatible. The P9 is compatible with the Sirius tuner via backward compatibility. Just an FYI.

Justintoxicated
09-02-2005, 12:12 AM
please let us know how much better the custom time alignment on that HU works from using pre-set T-alignment properly. Just curious!

3.5Max6spd
09-02-2005, 07:14 AM
please let us know how much better the custom time alignment on that HU works from using pre-set T-alignment properly. Just curious!

input level and time delay in miliseconds for each individual channel

3.5Max6spd
09-02-2005, 07:15 AM
I beg to differ on the Sat ready statement. The P9 is XM ready. The P9 is also compatible with Sirius. Any Pioneer head unit that is P-bus compatible can control any product (xm tuner, sirius tuner, cd changer, etc...) that is P-bus compatible. The P9 is compatible with the Sirius tuner via backward compatibility. Just an FYI.

news to me, thank you

Beyond
09-07-2005, 09:34 PM
well, tomorrow makes day 5, the day the dealer said the unit should be here. coming from
ca to nc i REALLY hope it gets here tomorrow before 3:00, because i had a recent death in the family and if it doesn't get here tomorrow it's going to be another week until i can get it (be gone for a week)

Beyond
09-12-2005, 05:50 PM
got it today.. 3.5 i read somewhere where you told a guy the reason why on ill blue/red the red wouldn't light up and so on for the two color illuminations .. what wire caused this?

3.5Max6spd
09-12-2005, 09:57 PM
got it today.. 3.5 i read somewhere where you told a guy the reason why on ill blue/red the red wouldn't light up and so on for the two color illuminations .. what wire caused this?

the orange illumination wire must be connected

MegaHurtz
09-12-2005, 10:52 PM
input level and time delay in miliseconds for each individual channelDoes the CD8445 do this? I just got mine in today and havent come across the individual settings yet, but I did find the listening position selector to work quite well :cool:

Beyond
09-13-2005, 05:24 PM
i have 4 coaxials, 2 in rear deck, 2 in doors. now that i've gotten the head unit i'll upgrade later.. but anyways .. what frequency should the rear speakers be set at so that all they play is bass? is this possible? (xover?)