PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to get CD quality(or close to it) sound from ipod to my system?

pimpn04coupe
08-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Just some backround information, i have a pioneer 7500 headunit, and i have the high quality ipoid earphoen to rca wires. They are really good quality wires. I connected those rca wires directly to the brain in the only input thats on there (i believe its the vcr2 inputs or something. But anyways, sound quality is very subpar. Its not only quieter than cds, but the quality is pretty crappy. (lack of bass especially). I cant get loud eitehr wihtout going high on my headunit and the sound is all distorted. My system is very specific, i have focal utopias all around and jl w7s for subs, so even a lower quality cd sounds like ***** in my car. Does anyone have any suggestions? I searched and came up with a few suggestions.... raise the input level volume at the headunit for this input, and also lower my ipod volume to about 80%. Also what eq setting should the actual ipod be on? I know pioneer has that ipod unit but id hate to spend the money on that unit and then have it sound like crap anyways. Please if anyone has any info, i would greatly appreciate it. If its not possible then ill just ditch the ipod idea altogether but listening to music in my car was half the reason i got the ipod :(

bri487
08-31-2005, 09:51 PM
dont max out the volume on the ipod or the h/u. keep the ipod at like 3/4 or so and find out where the deck distorts at.

93 saturn sl2
09-01-2005, 11:23 AM
doesnt pioneer have the ipod thing to hook it up to the radio and you can control the ipod through the radio?