PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Local Audio Store..

danteBirosel
08-31-2005, 08:26 PM
They tried hustling me by selling me the salt and pepper carpet for 19 dollars a yard. And i need 2 yards of it. Then he looks at me and asks i want them to carpet my ported box for 75.50 bucks. :eek: :eek: i know, horrible, just because im 17 he thinks i can't do it myself. so i explain to him i got all my materials and cans of spray already and stuff and he says "ohh" "we can now do it for 50 dollars for you" i was like "ffs i got my materials and i just need the **** carpet!" and then he asks me to calm down and still offers me to buy the carpet for 45 dollars for 2 yards... i was in shocked and just left...

cant believe he tried to hustle me...

From seeing many threads they say in walmart you can get the same material for cheap. Is that true? hows the quality? how much did you pay for it?

Thank you all for your cooperation.

nametaken
08-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Lol, awesome work^^

As for the walmart carpet, ive used that on 3 boxes and it works fine. Look sliek this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/theender/carpet.jpg

flakko
08-31-2005, 08:41 PM
how much is the walmart stuff?

and as long as it works rite?

SSS 18734
08-31-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=3&Cat_ID=48&ObjectGroup_ID=135&sm=1&so=2&filter=automotive

Looks like good carpet at a good price. There are several different types of carpet, along with a multitude of different colors. Im going to buy some of the red carpet for my next box.

Anyone have any experience with partsexpress carpet?

nametaken
08-31-2005, 08:43 PM
its 7 bucks a roll, it barely did a box 15x15x30

flakko
08-31-2005, 08:43 PM
thats all ive been using

and i got some for sale cheaper than PE :D 8 yards worth.

danteBirosel
08-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Just make enclosures like lemans ... They just don't get any better than that ...

See below ...

HAHAHAHA LMAO... i knew you were gonna post this. i just had a feeling you were gonna mention lemans boxes.

thanks fellas for the results.. looks great.