PDA

View Full Version : I found out something about the N2

draggindakota
08-31-2005, 09:39 AM
I installed an Avic-N2 in my bosses Ram the other day and found out something interesting. Everything that I've seen on the internet said that when you bypass the video lockout by going through the back up cam you get a message that says "Caution: Images may be reversed" or something like that and that you couldn't get rid of it. I was messing around with it and got it to go away. While the movie was playing I hit the Navi/Av button (the one on the left) and it went to the source menu and when I hit it again it went back to the video and !VIOLA! the message was gone! Just thought I'd throw that out there since I hadn't seen any info on it.

AVSTANG02
08-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Did u install it to play video while in reverse camera mode?

draggindakota
09-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah I did. But I was messing with it today with a different dvd and I couldn't get it to go away. So I guess it was just a fluke yesterday.

6spdcoupe
09-02-2005, 01:54 AM
There are oither ways of bypassing it....

Savstyle
09-02-2005, 02:02 AM
yeeeep

Sleeklsc
09-02-2005, 03:01 AM

do you care to explain?

Savstyle
09-02-2005, 03:10 AM
do you care to explain?
the sensor that tell if your moving or not. ive been told u cna just solder that. but email pioneer the guy that did it told me pioneers tech guys gave them a diagram of how to do it.

6spdcoupe
09-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Underneath the MAIN unit (not the hideaway) is a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of solder between these to connect them. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire.

azbass
09-02-2005, 11:28 AM
i dought pioneer tech guys will tell you how to make the unit play during driving. that would be a really dumb move.

SHiZNiLTi
09-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Underneath the MAIN unit (not the hideaway) is a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of solder between these to connect them. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire.

What will this soldering of the R197 allow you to do?

I also have a N-2, I just ran the rear headrest yellow RCA out to the monitor in for the rear view camera then I just press POS button then select rear view and have capabilities to watch DVD's and have navi on the right hand side.