PDA

View Full Version : Iridiums 6.3 vs CS365 vs. 165W3

LaJit
08-30-2005, 10:16 PM
Has anyone ever compared any of these side by side. I read a review stating that their cross-over won't allow you to bi-amp the iridiums.

3.5Max6spd
08-30-2005, 11:14 PM
The midrange on 6.3's have a better off axis response being domes than the cs365's. But if you are putting the 4's from the Profi's in angled kicks, nothing beats that larger driver playing lower. I personally like Rainbow tweets over DLS. Midbass is always a tossup, door dependent-both solid, natural. The Profis will get louder with less power from what I've come across.

Both great sets, cannot see anyone feeling they went wrong with either.

Also the cS365 from the Profi set (silk) or Profi Vanadium?

OlogyAudio
08-30-2005, 11:30 PM
The midrange on 6.3's have a better off axis response being domes than the cs365's. But if you are putting the 4's from the Profi's in angled kicks, nothing beats that larger driver playing lower. I personally like Rainbow tweets over DLS. Midbass is always a tossup, door dependent-both solid, natural. The Profis will get louder with less power from what I've come across.

Both great sets, cannot see anyone feeling they went wrong with either.

Also the cS365 from the Profi set (silk) or Profi Vanadium?

^^^ You won't go wrong with ethr :) -- there are other options but those are nice indeed... morel which DLS uses as a base is a solid driver mfr... and rainbow sources most from seas as far as I know... a more solid mfr IMHO... :) but I am a stickler for detail... -- and let it be known... I don't like focal -- overpriced IMHO for the quality you get... Both for the raw drivers AND for their prebuilt sets...

LaJit
08-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Profi Vanadiums

LaJit
08-31-2005, 12:18 AM
If is a toss-up, perhaps the rainbows are the way to go with the option to bi-amp.

OlogyAudio
08-31-2005, 12:57 AM
If is a toss-up, perhaps the rainbows are the way to go with the option to bi-amp.

Of those 2 I'd go with the rainbows just because the rainbows are more accurate (seas drivers are awesome -- and they did a quite reasonable job with the xovers on their higher mid end stuff and up...)

Granted there are other options... you have a PM -- a custom 3 way setup could be interesting for ya :naughty: