PDA

View Full Version : need some help building a ported box please

yamaman
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi there I have decided to ditch the plan of stuffing 2 12" Kicker solo barics behind the seats of my reg cab. What I want to do now is build a ported box for 1 12" Kicker solobaric L7 dual 4 ohm sub wired to 2 ohm. I am not sure on how much power I will be sending it just yet trying to figure that out. Anyway I would like the box tuned to a good overall sound something that will sound good with all kinds of music... Here is the dimensions I have to work with max it can be smaller if need be.
48" wide 12" high across the entire back

behind the drivers seat
20" wide
9-10" bottom depth
7-8" top depth

behind the console

6" top and bottom, and then can either keep this going for the rest of the length or go back to the same size as behind the driver seat.

If someone could help me out or even possibly throw together some good designs I will pay the 10 bucks or whatver for them. I have never built a ported box before and want to do it right the first time. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you

danteBirosel
08-30-2005, 01:03 PM
sup bro i want to refer you to a good friend named : Moe Lester

i have bought from him and paid 6 bucks for an enclosure design for a ported and it turned out great. I asked questions and he answered them. The support he gives is great and i highly recommend you PMing him. GL HF.

I am almost done with my box... look what it turned out :

http://www.caraudio.com/vg/showimage.php?i=5653&catid=newimages

I am just waiting for my sub to be delivered and i will be creating the hole and adding the carpet ASAP. :)

yamaman
08-30-2005, 01:14 PM
thanx for the reference man I will Pm him and see if he is willing.

yamaman
08-30-2005, 02:04 PM
anyone else out there willing to tackle this Moe says he cannot draw up anything as complex as this will be

danteBirosel
08-30-2005, 02:07 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112551

Jmac.

yamaman
08-30-2005, 02:13 PM
haha I just sent a PM to him just before i red your post