PDA

View Full Version : Custom *HOME* Speaker help...

RumbleNTheTrunk
08-28-2005, 05:06 PM
so i was cutting into the stock wire on my aiwa speaker system and i cut them too short so i decided to bust up the fiberboard/plastic box and just wire straight to the speakers...but i have a problem i hooked the speaker..i accidently cut ino the tweeter hah...im wondering did i wire it wrong? i put both neg/pos wires in the crimp terminal and put it on the positive post of the speaker...now on the negative post the tweeter was ran...so am i doing something wrong? and im not going to use these speakers...im going to purchase some speakers and do a custom box install and everything....so did i wire this wrong?
heres some pics...
http://fbcdaisetta.org/speaker1.jpg

http://fbcdaisetta.com/speaker2.jpg

JimJ
08-28-2005, 05:08 PM
:confused:

I have no idea what you just said. If you cut into the tweeter, it's toast. If you're not going to use these speakers, why do you care?

RumbleNTheTrunk
08-28-2005, 05:13 PM
lol let me try again..the wire that was coming from the speaker box was cut to short (i cut the wire because i was replacing it because it wasnt in good shape anyways) so i had to cut the back out of the box in order to wire the speakerers...well instead i just decided to take the speakers out of the box....there was this mid range woofer and a tweeter..i cut into the tweeter so im not using it...anyways i was going to wire this speaker up just to see if it would work...it doesnt and i was wondering if it could be from how i wired it...and i need to know this because in the future i plan on purchasing some components to make a custom box and just use the receiver to run the speakers...i confuse myself lol

JimJ
08-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Umm...positive lead on the speaker wire to the positive terminal on the back? Same goes for the negative? This isn't any different than wiring a speaker in a car :)

PV Audio
08-28-2005, 05:40 PM
i still have no idea as to what ur showing me and what u said...