PDA

View Full Version : sealing off trunk...but not permanant!

saywhat?
08-28-2005, 10:57 AM
how do u think i should go about this?????? i CANNOT use expanding foam or fiberglass directly on the car itself, how do u guys suggest sealing off the trunk from the car? i have to angle the front baggle some to fit the subs, but do u think that will have an adverse effect on the performance?? im trying to fit it in a 2005 mustang as some of u guys know, so im going for ANY options to have a good looking setup as well as good performance. im looking at around 4 cubes AFTER displacement.....ported of course, around 35-40

saywhat?
08-28-2005, 02:22 PM
anyone???

singlesubsetup
08-28-2005, 02:41 PM
how big are your gaps??? I went to wal mart and bought several pounds of poly fill and stuffed it in the gap(s), I then put sound deadening infront and inback.. HUGE DIFFERENCE...

I almost have zero rattle, and its waaaay louder... sealing it off is to your advantage... get r' done :)

saywhat?
08-28-2005, 02:52 PM
i havent built the box yet, just trying to get stuff perfectly planned before i go about it wrong .

singlesubsetup
08-28-2005, 03:06 PM
ooh well I went the polyfill route because it's easy and it will conform to the area around the box... Polyfill is cheap and leaves no stains or ect...

1 bag was 2.88 (2 lb bag and I bought like 8 only needed 6 however;)

BassAddictJ
08-28-2005, 03:09 PM
how big are your gaps??? I went to wal mart and bought several pounds of poly fill and stuffed it in the gap(s), I then put sound deadening infront and inback.. HUGE DIFFERENCE...

I almost have zero rattle, and its waaaay louder... sealing it off is to your advantage... get r' done :)

ecellent idea......a great idea to go witht hat would be to make a front baffle piece that will fit as close to possible like a lego piece onto the front of the sub box (just drill it on there) and conform closely to the edges of the the areas you want to seal...then with those small gaps use the polyfill and deadener...

saywhat?
08-28-2005, 03:10 PM
any pics of ur setup???

saywhat?
08-28-2005, 03:12 PM
and do u put deadener the polyfill, then deadener on the other side? sandwhiching the polyfill in the middle?

singlesubsetup
08-29-2005, 01:20 PM
sorry no pics (except the one in the sig, thanks bass ;) for the kind words.. yea it works GREAT!!! I wish I could have metered it before and after but it made it much louder than just facing it in the cabin with out sealing off...

I just pushed the box as far forword as it could go, opened the polyfill and began (from the rear of the trunk) stuffing all around the box shoving as much as I could fit. The super small cracks I used sound deadening strips... Believe me NO air is getting behind that box, just think 6 bags @ 2pounds per bag... lmao it works perfect....