PDA

View Full Version : Front & rear

Regovish
08-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Hi guys
I gonna buy new sets for my car, in the front (6.5'comp) I am choosing between Polkaudio db6500 & infinty Kappa 693.5i
As for the rear (6x9 3way) there are the polkaudio MMc690 and the infinty kappa 693.5i
Which brand is better Polkaudio or infinty (I like high bass & soft treble)
Can I mix between brands to put for example the infinty in the front and go for the MMC 690 (as it comes with external cross over) in the back , does this will affect SQ.
I need many advices from all of you as you are expeinced enough and specially I had no chance to listen to any of them in audio shops and I will buy via intenet shop
Last advice:mad: :crazy:
Shall I go for Rocford P4004 amp and what is the min watt/channel to give good power to these speakers
Waiting for all of you guys to advice me

mikescanlon
08-28-2005, 11:54 AM
a buddy of mine has those polk audios, very good bang for the buck, i dont know what the other ones sound like

but he's got 250 watts being rammed into those polks, and that **** sounds good.

tplaya07
08-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Infinty's typically do not have that great of Midbass. Their highs are usually pretty laid back and comfortable sounding though. And I really haven't heard too many of the new Polk products to give an opinion. It is ok however to mix different brands of speakers.
What kind of budget did you have in mind?

Regovish
08-31-2005, 07:07 AM
It is not the issue of my budget for the speakers (400 USD) , it is the availability of brands here in this city in Russia, I have to choose between Polkaudio,Infinity,JBL (expensive) and Alpine ( the cheapest) that is why I want to know the bros & cons of the infinity & Polkaudio to choose between
Can any body help me with a detailed reveiw or recommendation