PDA

View Full Version : need some reviews on the alpine cda-9853

electronicsgeek
08-27-2005, 06:32 PM
does it work good? how much is it worth? can you change the text color? does it work well with the ipod?

jdowney
08-28-2005, 08:48 AM
does it work good?
Yes, although my stock stereo worked good too

how much is it worth?
I got it for $349 and it is not worth it at all, i recently got the 9855 for $300 through a friend at best buy and it is worth that price, I would say if you can install it yourself it would be worth it to buy online or ebay, but not at retail price.

can you change the text color?
NOPE, this is one reason i tried harder to get ahold of my friend who works at best buy to get the 9855, I got the manual for the 53/55 and most of the options say *9855 only. The screen is pretty much all blue and orange with some white.

does it work well with the ipod?
I was told by my friend it does not work well with the ipod, i havent hooked it up yet and im not sure if i will, i may try a cheaper fm tuner first rather than buy the ipod connecter for 80-100 bucks

i liked the deck over my stock one of course but i really wouldnt recommend it at retail price, hope this helps.

p.s. mine skipped alittle playing mp3's i tried burning 5 mp3s and had random songs skip on me, not sure if it was the cd player or my cd's.

electronicsgeek
08-28-2005, 10:31 AM
does it work good?
Yes, although my stock stereo worked good too

how much is it worth?
I got it for $349 and it is not worth it at all, i recently got the 9855 for $300 through a friend at best buy and it is worth that price, I would say if you can install it yourself it would be worth it to buy online or ebay, but not at retail price.

can you change the text color?
NOPE, this is one reason i tried harder to get ahold of my friend who works at best buy to get the 9855, I got the manual for the 53/55 and most of the options say *9855 only. The screen is pretty much all blue and orange with some white.

does it work well with the ipod?
I was told by my friend it does not work well with the ipod, i havent hooked it up yet and im not sure if i will, i may try a cheaper fm tuner first rather than buy the ipod connecter for 80-100 bucks

i liked the deck over my stock one of course but i really wouldnt recommend it at retail price, hope this helps.

p.s. mine skipped alittle playing mp3's i tried burning 5 mp3s and had random songs skip on me, not sure if it was the cd player or my cd's.
thx man this helped me out alot...now im pretty much not gonna get this HU...