PDA

View Full Version : Slot Ports

Psyence
08-27-2005, 12:51 PM
When calculating the slot port dimentions in a box, when asked the internal volume, does that include the area that the slot port will take up?? I am assuming it is, because how could you know how much space the slot port is going to take up if you dont know the length of it till you enter the space available?

Anyone able to help?!

Thanks...

tRiGgEr
08-27-2005, 12:57 PM
No it does not include the internal volume of the port. It takes some experience to be a ble to do it. I guesstimate the volume the port will take up. It depends on how I tune it. Then I go from there. Say the box is 2.6ft^2 and is using 24 square inches of port area. I would calculate tunning by using around 2.10ft^3 for the box tuned to 32hz. Then adjust port length and box volume to adjust to the proper tunning. It's a bit more work but I find it an easy way.

Psyence
08-27-2005, 01:04 PM
So Basically, off the gross box volume, I deduct the port size, including the wood used to create the slot...

Thats not so bad, cause basically I know what size the port will be, so I can have a rough estimate as you said... and monkey with it a bit...

Thanks... Im creating the plans for the enclosure now, so people can pick it apart, and help me create something great... I hope ;)

nissanrider06
08-27-2005, 06:22 PM
is that the same with round ports??? becuz i didnt do it that way.