PDA

View Full Version : Can this work? (Ology, where you at?)

sephiroth619
08-27-2005, 03:57 AM
Here's what I would like to do. I have the following:

1x pair of LPG FS tweeters.
2x pair of Dayton 6" Reference woofers
Don't have a crossover yet.

Bare in mind that these speakers are 8 ohms. There are several crossovers that allow you to have 8 ohms for tweeters and 4 ohms for mids. With the two Daytons on each side, that makes it 4 ohms. My question is in relation to crossovers. Will any crossover mate these speakers together?

OlogyAudio
08-27-2005, 11:52 AM
That tweeter is a little low on sensitivity to mate with a pair of 6" RS midwoofers per side... even a 92dB/w/m tweeter would be a little laid back... I could apply a little bit of baffle step compensation built in to the transfer function... which will pad the level of the mid-upper midrange down a bit and make a stronger midbass sound... but the midbass would end up being about 2-3dB above the reference level regardless with an 88dB/w/m sensitive tweeter like the lpg...

Well in short a custom xover can make this work out but you may end up wanting some eq on the lower side of things -- unless you like a little extra kick :) -- I already have one worked out for dual 7" RS drivers and the RS tweeter that could be fairly quickly modified for use with the 6" RS... Also the seas TDFC is something to look at -- more sensitive and very nice indeed...

flakko
08-27-2005, 01:35 PM
pple are takin advantage of you dylan hehe

sephiroth619
08-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Dylan, how much would you charge for those custom crossovers?

What tweeter would you recommend in this scenario? Why I chose LPG? They're simply amazing. On my computer speakers, I crank them up soooo loud and they handle the power with ease. They're extremely gentle on my ears, even at super high volumes.

sephiroth619
08-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Oh and how would I be powering these? Is 75 watts @ 4 ohms enough?

OlogyAudio
08-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Oh and how would I be powering these? Is 75 watts @ 4 ohms enough?

Just so people don't think I'm neglecting people :) I talked to him via AIM ;)

Yea people are taking advantage of me... it stops when school starts though -- I'll have some rather sparse business hours when that happens but I will still be here... Figure weekends + 2 or so days a week for a few hours (not sure what hours) -- and school takes priority sadly... Dad will handle everything, and I'm working on getting my own custom drivers made up as well... Talking to an established business ;) ;) about being the main distributor as well... He gets the orders -- I just fill them and provide tech support/warranty service (not that... that would ever happen... ever)

The most effective way to contact me is still via email though :)