PDA

View Full Version : Trunkspace?

Raven
08-26-2005, 10:23 PM
How important is empty trunk space as opposed to enclosure space? Say you have 4 cubes gross in your entire trunk, and your sub is optimized exactly 3.5 cubes ported. Would it make sense to build a smaller box?

mikescanlon
08-26-2005, 10:32 PM
only if you need to put stuff in your trunk, i have about 2 inches above my speakers for them to breathe and allow excursion.. thats about it.. and my setup sounds pretty good to me, hits hard and loud, like i want.

i think thats what you were asking.

flakko
08-26-2005, 10:40 PM
How important is empty trunk space as opposed to enclosure space? Say you have 4 cubes gross in your entire trunk, and your sub is optimized exactly 3.5 cubes ported. Would it make sense to build a smaller box?

not sure i think you need space for the air to move if you know wat i mean.

GTonDubs
08-26-2005, 11:27 PM
any sub will play ina smaller box then they recomend, but no one said it will sound good
reason beeing, you can loose out on a large percentage of your low end

Nikuk
08-27-2005, 10:22 AM

I wish that You'd rephrase for intent.

If I understand Your statement: Your looking into acoustic loading?

It's not terribly important for 80% of sound systems. It's also entirely dependant on the driver & enclosure.

-nick

Raven
08-28-2005, 11:22 AM
I wish that You'd rephrase for intent.

If I understand Your statement: Your looking into acoustic loading?

It's not terribly important for 80% of sound systems. It's also entirely dependant on the driver & enclosure.

-nick

Well, I'm not sure how to rephrase it. I was concerned that the lack of airspace and airflow into the cabin would keep all the SPL in the trunk, but my plans have changed.

Nikuk
08-29-2005, 10:42 AM
ahhh bulkhead transfer. no where in there did You mention anything like that. LoL.

GL w/new plans.

Raven
08-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Probably because I have no idea what "bulkhead transfer" is. *runs to google..*