PDA

View Full Version : Speakers and Headunit

Chwplayer09
08-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I have subs HU and amp...i need speakers beacause when my subs are full blast you cannot hear the vocals. When looking for speakers do you need to match the speakers with the headunit or no? Im looking to get pioneer speakers i have a pioneer hu..my hu is P7700MP and the speakers are TS-A6880...idk if it matters or not...if it doesnt what speakers do you recomend? I dont want to exceed the $150 limit.

tplaya07
08-26-2005, 05:55 PM
Brand doesn't matter if that's what your asking. Any brand speakers will work off the Pioneer HU. Also, I dont know how many watts your pushing to your sub(s), but if it's alot, you might want to look into getting an amp for you speakers as well.
You might also want to consider getting a decent set of components and a small amp, which should give you a little better sound than coaxials ran off the HU. For cheap comps ($100 and under), you can look into Oz Audio Vectors, Powerbass Evolutions, CDT Kama's...and that should give you around $50-75 left over to pick up a cheap 2-channel amp on Ebay to push them.

Chwplayer09
08-26-2005, 06:23 PM
i have 1500w peak out of each sub 500rms...u think if i just ampd the factory speakers it would help a lil? i dont need a lot louder from speakers just a lil