PDA

View Full Version : Focal Utopia 165w Tweeter Blown?!

linksyz
08-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey guys

I was driving home tonight listening to Akon at volume 15 (23-25 is where my gain is set), front speakers are crossed at 63 (I know, that is probably too low :\..) and I heard some loud noise comin from left side, and I balanced from left to right, and right to left and noticed that no sound is coming out of left tweeter. It was raining outside so I couldn't check the amp if maybe the wire came out...

Do you guys think my tweeter is blown ? :( and if so, where can I get focal utopia 165w replacement tweeter? :( :( :(

Expy2000
08-26-2005, 01:36 AM
You can find the TN-51 tweeter for sale on Ebay sometimes..

It is not cheap tho..

I would still wait and see if a wire came loose first..

:)

OnYrMrk
08-26-2005, 12:25 PM
you can go to the Focal website and order off a new tweeter. They sell seperates, but if you are going to buy new tweeter, you might think of saving up and buying a set of the Audiom tweets, or better yet, upgrade to the new Be (Beryllium) tweeters! They will make your Utopias come alive!

linksyz
08-26-2005, 03:13 PM
hmm some people told me to try a 9v battery test on the terminals, but im thinking that wouldnt work if the wire came loose between the tweeter and wire that goes to the xover... i guess imma have to take my door apart to see :(

OnYrMrk: can you please give me more information on those tweeters and their prices? :D

linksyz
08-27-2005, 01:01 PM
hey... i did try anything yet... but what weird thing i noticed all day yesterday is that now since the tweeter isnt working in my drivers door that alarm turns on when i lock/close that door... before in the past month alarm wouldnt turn on when i lock/close drivers door.. i thought it was a blown fuse or something... but now this makes me wonder... any car electricians in here? please advise