PDA

View Full Version : CD1e vs CD1pro....

HeatSeeker
08-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Ok well I've decided I'm going with horns for my next system, and just wondering what the major differences between these 2 sets are. I already know the cd1 pro's have higher efficiency, but I doubt that'll be a problem, knowing the nature of horns lol. They will most likely be powered with about 25 watts each. The other speakers in the system will be 4 xxx mids with 150-200w each, and 2 15" mags with about 800-900w each. Also does anyone know anyplace I can get the cd1e's? speed & sound and cardomain both have the cd1pro's and cd2pro's, but I don't see the cd1e's anywhere. Just wondering if it's worth the extra 200somethin bux for the pro's, thanx for looking:crazy:

InhumanAcura
08-24-2005, 07:42 PM
i have some brand new cd1e's i dont want..hit me with a pm.

supposedly the e's are a bit harsher, and like the passives rather than an active set-up.

squeak9798
08-24-2005, 10:09 PM
supposedly the e's are a bit harsher, and like the passives rather than an active set-up.

Actually that passive doesn't highpass the horn. Being that the CD-1e is a piezo driver, it has a natural lowend rolloff and a highpass isn't required. The passive that comes with the set only has a gain and EQ circuit for the horn. The only actually crossover circuit in that passive network is for the mid.

But, anyways.....everyone I've ever talked to has said that, while the CD-1e's can sound good when setup correctly, the CD1Pro's are a simply big setup above them. More smooth and natural sounding, better midrange, etc etc.

T3mpest
08-24-2005, 11:14 PM
I dont' think I'd get 4 mids though. Those horns WILL NOT play all the way through the midrange, you'll get some cancellation, if your just looking for stupid loud though, your on the right track.

HeatSeeker
08-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Actually that passive doesn't highpass the horn. Being that the CD-1e is a piezo driver, it has a natural lowend rolloff and a highpass isn't required. The passive that comes with the set only has a gain and EQ circuit for the horn. The only actually crossover circuit in that passive network is for the mid.

So youre saying basically the cd1e doesnt require any xover point? That's pretty cool, cause I always thought without some xover point, they would try to play full range and blow. That was actaully one of my worries about my pioneer 860, since I'm using the internal xover, that it would somehow screw up and cause damage to the drivers . Guess that's just me being paranoid tho lol. Well thanx for the help everyone, I'm gonna search around for a few days, see if I can get some kind of deal I can get on the pro's before I decide.