PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Soundline SLC 265.03(or 02) review n pix (LOONG)

flakko
08-24-2005, 04:06 AM
OOkay I finally finished off my kicks and its review time, and any other Soundline owners, feel free to chime in if anything is incorrect in my hearing lol.

pix first:
This is basically where they are positioned in my car:

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6366/glassin422wg.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/1521/glassin476qx.jpg

At first when I got into my car and started the music playin, I was like, “the soundstage is all pulled to the left, the highs were flat and dull, they sound terrible! But then, I thought to myself… “DUH, fade it to the right more and put the crossover on +3db!” so I did :), I faded it 3 notches to the right, and for some reason, now that they are sealed, it sounds better with the +3db setting. With those settings, The soundstage is right up where I want it, and I don’t care what other people say about the positioning of these kicks. Now i only had around 20 minutes with these speakers so I couldn’t get my FULL impression. But what I have heard was… these speakers are AMAZING!!! I have not heard better sounding speakers than these Rainbows right here, I also need to tweak my amps crossovers and stuff now that they are sealed.

The Midbass was just WOW (I still need to line the insides with a little hazmat) I can like feel the beat in my chest hehe. The midrange was crisp, clear and so very detailed, the Highs. Well this is where they excelled. Oh my gosh I was listening to Mariah Careys “Emotion” and every time she hit that high note, it sent shivers down my spine. The chimes, the symbols were crystal clear, and accurate, and I can hear every bit of sound in the song. The overall experience was unexplainable haha. Its like a WOW! WOW! Kinda feeling. It may sound like a sub thing, but these things get loud and sound AWESOME AMAZING while doing it :).

So I listened to a couple of artists while driving around tonite.

Umm first was a little bit of Eyedea & Abilities “E&A” CD. Their music has a lot of midbass beats so this treated me well. Now, i have NEVER EVER experienced midbass in my car. At first i had 3.5" Infinity Coaxes wich had ZERO midbass, and then i got these just running free air off the ground. The beats were off the hook yo! (errr the actual beats, and the midbass beats, Abilities is an awesome DJ) Like I said, I can feel it in my CHEST, DUM DUM oh it also melts perfectly together with my subwoofer

Next up was a little bit of Mariah Carey (Greatest Hits Vol.1). IMO she has one of the greatest voices ever, and what better artist to test my high midrange to high than her? Like I said, her voice put shivers down my spine, and these speakers accurately reproduced this amazing voice.

For the rock and roll genre, what better band to test out Midrange with than Opeth’s D@mnation CD. The first song I heard was I dunno that first song lol. The woofers tackled those guitars with authority. I could feel every single guitar pluck/strum vibrating by my feet, and it sounded beautiful (I dint have much time to listen to opeth, but will continue review later on when I have more time).

SO these speakers, I would probably pay the msrp for lets just say that (and I never buy 12volt stuff msrp… NEVER!)

To be continued...

Savstyle
08-24-2005, 04:12 AM
nice review, id have to admit with everything he just said, i love mine the tweets are very detailed and smooth. I hear sound in cds i allways used to listen to adn im hearing alot more sounds and im loving it. my mid bass is kinda lacking, but then again there unamped so when there amped i cant wait to hear what they sound like:greedy:

flakko
08-24-2005, 04:14 AM
nice review, id have to admit with everything he just said, i love mine the tweets are very detailed and smooth. I hear sound in cds i allways used to listen to adn im hearing alot more sounds and im loving it. my mid bass is kinda lacking, but then again there unamped so when there amped i cant wait to hear what they sound like:greedy:

SACRELIGE!!!

Savstyle
08-24-2005, 04:23 AM
SACRELIGE!!!
lol im broke and i gotta buy a new comp:( . ****** excuse but oh well im trying to buy a new car so.........eveyr lil bit helps. ill prolly get an amp within the nest 2 weeks tho

flakko
08-24-2005, 04:25 AM
hehe tis cool :)

oh btw... ology, i dont know if i wanna try your comps rite now :( im in love with these! but if yours are anywhere near, then ya know i guess ill try them hehe.

kuijo
08-24-2005, 04:31 AM
Glad you got them in kicks. I remember seeing them sitting on your floor and that made me=:(.

Would you say there was a huge diffrence from going IB to sealed?

flakko
08-24-2005, 04:50 AM
Glad you got them in kicks. I remember seeing them sitting on your floor and that made me=:(.

yea haha for those of you who havent seen:
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/4590/glassin089ql.jpg
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/980/glassin151bs.jpg

but to answer your question....YES

Savstyle
08-24-2005, 04:58 AM

huge difference my friend. huge. unamped, in some kicks, i sound better than some of my co workers "highend" comps running IB i cant hear there midbass, but in mine i can hear its just nto loud. but anyway HUGE DIFFERENCE:)

3.5Max6spd
08-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Man i always wondered how those mids sound sealed...SLC mids are some pretty sweet mids, even the techs at Arc when they distributed Rainbow would openly say the prefered the SLC mids over some of the higher sets like the Contours...

OlogyAudio
08-24-2005, 01:10 PM
I dunno go listen to some boston acoustics Z6 components and see if you like the sound better -- that will give you a pretty good idea if you would like my component sets more :) -- mine are even more detailed though -- there is a tradeoff -- a little less ultimate SPL due to lower sensitivity...

flakko
08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
I dunno go listen to some boston acoustics Z6 components and see if you like the sound better -- that will give you a pretty good idea if you would like my component sets more :) -- mine are even more detailed though -- there is a tradeoff -- a little less ultimate SPL due to lower sensitivity...

Dang dude... well like if i dont like yours... i can always sell yours off???
lol

as for the mids, i dunno if they are COMPLETELY sealed off. maybe i need to. ya know due to the holes for the speaker wires.

OlogyAudio
08-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Dang dude... well like if i dont like yours... i can always sell yours off???
lol

as for the mids, i dunno if they are COMPLETELY sealed off. maybe i need to. ya know due to the holes for the speaker wires.

Lol yea you could -- find some local guy and sell them as custom and sell them for 2x as much as you bought them for :) -- they are detailed almost to a flaw :) *very* unforgiving to bad recordings

Sealing them up with some clay would work -- or plumber's putty -- :) something that doesn't harden...

flakko
08-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Lol yea you could -- find some local guy and sell them as custom and sell them for 2x as much as you bought them for :) -- they are detailed almost to a flaw :) *very* unforgiving to bad recordings

Sealing them up with some clay would work -- or plumber's putty -- :) something that doesn't harden...

thanks for the info, but yea none of my friends would pay THAT much for speakers lol.

noob with an RS
08-24-2005, 06:13 PM
OLOGY you get any reviews yet man? i really wanna picc up a set but wanna see a review on this board!

OlogyAudio
08-24-2005, 06:24 PM
OLOGY you get any reviews yet man? i really wanna picc up a set but wanna see a review on this board!
you have PM -- no reviews against CDT or Rainbow -- just 2 saying how good they are -- and another testifying that they are a big step up from EDi6500s components...

flakko
08-24-2005, 08:21 PM

soon ill get my review in. but im waiting for my freakin boss to pay me the money thats due to me. jerk... (not you! lol)

MatthewR6
08-24-2005, 08:30 PM
you can now change your sig!

"Speakers: Rainbow SLC 265.02(front, kinda installed)"
:D

flakko
08-24-2005, 08:33 PM
lol thas rite! haha

Raven
08-24-2005, 11:20 PM
I have to agree with the faults of the Rainbows. They are severely unforgiving in almost every way. Poor install, bad recording quality, or poor CD rips. They are not for the average install, nor for the 128kbps MP3 fanatic. About the only thing they do forgive is off axis response, and they do forgive that very well. =)

I have had mine installed for a while now. I was playing with the install trying to improve what I thought was midbass (turned out to be percussion coming out of the tweeters. Hah!). I was listening to Dimmu Borgir - The Maelstrom Mephisto and suddenly it sounded... different. I dropped the volume, picked up the free air mid I had sitting beside me and put it to my ear. Sure enough, beyond the music, there was distortion! Judging by the BCAE distortion files, I would guess it to be about 2 decibles (from flatline) coming from my on-the-fritz comp amp. If you don't see the signifance of this, go and download that song and try to hear *anything*.

flakko
08-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Judging by the BCAE distortion files, I would guess it to be about 2 decibles (from flatline) coming from my on-the-fritz comp amp. If you don't see the signifance of this, go and download that song and try to hear *anything*.

jeez the speaks picking up the distortion from an amp very interesting...

Savstyle
08-25-2005, 04:01 AM
I have to agree with the faults of the Rainbows. They are severely unforgiving in almost every way. Poor install, bad recording quality, or poor CD rips. They are not for the average install, nor for the 128kbps MP3 fanatic. About the only thing they do forgive is off axis response, and they do forgive that very well. =)
gotta agree with the cds and mp3's. i cant listen to them anymore i went adn bought liek 5 new cds jsut becuase of this lol.

kuijo
08-25-2005, 04:13 AM
So you felt the bass in your chest IB? what freq do you think that was?

acousticguitar
08-25-2005, 02:00 PM
i pretty much agree w/ the review. Mids are great, very strong. i think they spoiled me. i was listening to some home speakers (Cambridge model 6) which were nice too, but those rainbow mids rock. the tweeters leaves some to be desired, but thats b/c im discovering that im not a silk tweet person--im more of a metal tweet kind of guy. Very detailed, but i want even more detailed. :)

flakko
08-25-2005, 02:07 PM
So you felt the bass in your chest IB? what freq do you think that was?

no, i felt the midbass in my chest sealed. THey would have to be pretty awesome mids to feel them IB.

Raven
08-25-2005, 02:24 PM
^ Again, ditto. PROPERLY sealed they make for some kick *** (And chest!) midbass. I did sealed kicks with about 2 or 3 layers of FG, and the midbass is just incredible until my HU's volume hits 13, then they resonate because 3 layers of FG isn't enough. =\

acousticguitar
08-25-2005, 04:31 PM
i have them installed in stock locations IB and i assure you, the mids can get overpowering :)

flakko
08-25-2005, 04:37 PM
i have them installed in stock locations IB and i assure you, the mids can get overpowering :)

thats wat i dont get. i had mine firing into the floor (basically IB) and i got very VERY little response for midbass. is there a difference from running IB just lying there on the floor than in the doors?

JAZN
08-25-2005, 04:42 PM
does your HU have TA? i'd imagine u need a whole lot of that.

flakko
08-25-2005, 04:46 PM
does your HU have TA? i'd imagine u need a whole lot of that.

nope. and i dont think i need one either. it sounds great with the fading.

3.5Max6spd
08-25-2005, 06:51 PM
nope. and i dont think i need one either. it sounds great with the fading.

fading is front to back:uhoh:

flakko
08-25-2005, 06:54 PM
fading is front to back:uhoh:

left to right lol :D

edit: wat is left to right then?

Savstyle
08-25-2005, 06:58 PM
left to right lol :D

edit: wat is left to right then?
balance

flakko
08-25-2005, 06:59 PM
yeayea thas rite. so with the balance correction its better :D

MatthewR6
08-25-2005, 07:01 PM
change your sig!

flakko
08-25-2005, 07:07 PM
oookay I fix!! :)

MatthewR6
08-25-2005, 07:08 PM
oookay I fix!! :)

yes, finally installed!

OlogyAudio
08-25-2005, 07:09 PM
change your sig!
Yea!
to Rainbow SLC 265.02(front, FINALLY Installed -- soon to be replaced by Dylan Matlow's Uber PL7s)
LOL :laugh:

I just hope the mods can take a bad joke :D

flakko
08-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Yea!
to Rainbow SLC 265.02(front, FINALLY Installed -- soon to be replaced by Dylan Matlow's Uber PL7s)
LOL :laugh:

I just hope the mods can take a bad joke :D

haha i finally get them done for my rainbows only to get them replaced. so sad...:crap:

OlogyAudio
08-25-2005, 07:50 PM
haha i finally get them done for my rainbows only to get them replaced. so sad...:crap:

well ya just have to make a new front baffle for the kicks that would go right over the top of the old ones :) -- kicks a bit undersized for the 7" but it will do I guess... .3cuft would be awesome -- .3cuft with a 2" diameter 7" long port (run it along the trim near the door -- or upwards under the dash) would own for some serious midbass -- or 10" long for a little smoother deeper response -- less kick... :) -- could keep going smaller with a longer port and keep getting more and more kick -- less smooth response type deal... but it looks like you have some foot room still for bigger badder kicks ;)

flakko
08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
well ya just have to make a new front baffle for the kicks that would go right over the top of the old ones :) -- kicks a bit undersized for the 7" but it will do I guess... .3cuft would be awesome -- .3cuft with a 2" diameter 7" long port (run it along the trim near the door -- or upwards under the dash) would own for some serious midbass -- or 10" long for a little smoother deeper response -- less kick... :) -- could keep going smaller with a longer port and keep getting more and more kick -- less smooth response type deal... but it looks like you have some foot room still for bigger badder kicks ;)

HAHAHAHAHAH NO MORE GLASSING! FOR A VERY LONG TIME!! but that port mite be interesting lol

i guess im getting the 7" then lol
ygpm ology...

acousticguitar
08-25-2005, 08:18 PM
heh, cmon, they're dayton RS drivers, they gotta be pretty good if the crossover is done right.

but yeah, i have my mids IB. of course, i have a layer of deadening and had a nice plastic baffle cut, but other than that, sounds great without kicks. :) its not the kickbass edition after all!

but cmon jeremy, b4 you glassed, it wasnt even infinite baffle. the speakers were open!

flakko
08-25-2005, 08:19 PM
haha thats the word OPEN (Free air?)

kuijo
08-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Flakko, when you sit down in ur car, can you see your driver side speaker? I'm worried about legs getting in the way of the speaker and wondering if it'll affect the sound. and just feeling all the midbass on my legs.

flakko
08-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Flakko, when you sit down in ur car, can you see your driver side speaker? I'm worried about legs getting in the way of the speaker and wondering if it'll affect the sound. and just feeling all the midbass on my legs.

no worries... :) for some reason the soundwaves travel around my leg, into my ears.

OlogyAudio
08-26-2005, 03:09 AM
no worries... :) for some reason the soundwaves travel around my leg, into my ears.

Called diffraction -- not to mention all the many many many many paths the sound is taking to your ear :) -- should matter a bit for the tweeter though...

acousticguitar
08-26-2005, 06:45 PM
yeah, free air.

Raven
08-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Free air, blah, that's my doors. =\

flakko
08-27-2005, 07:44 PM
okay okay, i listened a little bit more

CD: The Best of Santana length listened: around 30 minutes
This CD is perfect because there are very discreet little symbols, chimes, bells etc (you know those latinos ;)) all over the sound stage, and the keys/guitar test the midrange like a mofo.

Review on the Highs:
Recreated the noises perfectly (to my knowledge) i coulda sworn there was a set of chimes on the dash of my car :p:

Review on the Midrange:
This is where it sounded kinda odd. Its either the recording, or its my kicks. The midrange sounded a little tinny and overexherted (sp?). It never sounded like this on my other tests but it only sounded this way with this particular cd. Maybe an eq problem? i dunno.

more tests with diff genres to come! :)

kuijo
08-27-2005, 07:49 PM
I just put them in my doors for a second, i know exactly what you're talking about, those tweets are awesome. I can actually hear the symbols instead of that Lisp noise. And no syllabance(sp). The mid sounded clear, but not as much midbass as i was hoping for. Probably cause they were on the door with no deadening no baffle or anything. I can't wait to make some pods.

flakko
08-27-2005, 07:50 PM
I just put them in my doors for a second, i know exactly what you're talking about, those tweets are awesome. I can actually hear the symbols instead of that Lisp noise. And no syllabance(sp). The mid sounded clear, but not as much midbass as i was hoping for. Probably cause they were on the door with no deadening no baffle or anything. I can't wait to make some pods.

ya seal those puppys off makes a world of a difference to midbass as well as midrange.

kuijo
08-27-2005, 07:54 PM
did you aim your pods at opposite head rests?

flakko
08-27-2005, 07:59 PM
lol ummm about the aiming, i just aimed to watever sounded best in my car with the space i had available, and my car has funky imaging issues on top of that. so umm do wat sounds best i guess?

flakko
09-01-2005, 12:50 AM
alright yo i got another update for ya.

my ears hurt :(

First off i would like to wonder why pple want to race me all the time with thier civics and crap. just cuz its turbo duznt mean its fast pple. Whatever let them waste gas.

Next up i would like to give my LI super duper brownie points for keeping up with this music. Never heard my sub perform like this before. It shocked and amazed me.

Okay down to the review

Genre Listened: Industrial

time listened: ~30 min

CD: Damaged - Razed in black (disc 1 and 2)

I picked this album because within the industrial genre, there are many minute noises going on in the background, there are a crap load of synths and stuff going on at the same time, a guitar once in a while, and the mibass has to be accurate and BOOM BOOM BOOM once in a while ya know.

The two main songs i want to focus on are "There goes my head" from disc 1 and "Visions (Assemblage 23 Mix)" from disc 2

"There goes my head" :

the beginning starts out with a subtle midrange/bass melody, then comes a synth like a piece of paper ripping. suddenly an electric guitar guitar starts a simple riff in the background, then a little "ding!" Bass, Drums, Synth, Guitar all come together with an acousitcal explosion. These speakers reproduced these sounds with grace, and aggressiveness. When that explosion of music occured, i was taken back in my seat, The components and Sub worked together as one entity recreating unbelievable music.

"Visions (Assemblage 23 Mix)" :

This song can really test your sound stage (left and right balance). During certain parts of the song there is a high hat cymbal roll fading left to right and to the left again. This is where my imaging is skrewed up. It sounded like the cymbal stayed in one place most of the time. nothing like my headphones.
However bad things aside, this song has a lot of pings and discrete noises going on in the background along with a sultry female voice saying "Visions" every once in a while hehe. But these rainbows picked up every single one of those little noises, and everytime that lady said "visions" it gave me chills down my spine.

More genre testing to come!

Raven
09-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Next up i would like to give my LI super duper brownie points for keeping up with this music. Never heard my sub perform like this before. It shocked and amazed me.

Hahaha, I have a pair of LI's in the mail coming in today, and the same comps with the mids in the kicks and the tweets in the dash. I'm just kinda reading all this going "Yup. Yup. Yup..."

flakko
09-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Hahaha, I have a pair of LI's in the mail coming in today, and the same comps with the mids in the kicks and the tweets in the dash. I'm just kinda reading all this going "Yup. Yup. Yup..."

lol wow you wont be disapointed with them! and we have the same stuff!

you jocker.... ;)

3.5Max6spd
09-01-2005, 07:26 PM
hey man sounds like you are loving these! To think, the SLC 3ways are ~350 msrp (can get for less) I think I'm going to go with them for the wife's car. I've installed plenty of 2way sets (last revision and new) but haven't dedicated enough seat time to get the kind of feel for them as you are describing. Great! keep it coming..

flakko
09-01-2005, 07:28 PM
hey man sounds like you are loving these! To think, the SLC 3ways are ~350 msrp (can get for less) I think I'm going to go with them for the wife's car. I've installed plenty of 2way sets (last revision and new) but haven't dedicated enough seat time to get the kind of feel for them as you are describing. Great! keep it coming..

mann. what would I give for a good three way... :p:

Raven
09-01-2005, 07:36 PM
lol wow you wont be disapointed with them! and we have the same stuff!

you jocker.... ;)

When I installed them, I was just expecting a 187 with double the Xmax. But, wow. The SQ is better and the output is just insane, and that's just in the shared 3.0@32hz box I dropped them into. I can't wait to build better enclosures for them.

Regarding the Rainbows, just to show how install dependant they are, I have mine installed in the dash. If I move them a single inch or adjust where they're facing by like 10 degrees the sound changes noticably. It's a cursed blessing, because it makes it real easy to tweak how you want it to sound, and real easy to change how it sounds thanks to a sharp corner. =\

flakko
09-01-2005, 07:42 PM
When I installed them, I was just expecting a 187 with double the Xmax. But, wow. The SQ is better and the output is just insane, and that's just in the shared 3.0@32hz box I dropped them into. I can't wait to build better enclosures for them.

Regarding the Rainbows, just to show how install dependant they are, I have mine installed in the dash. If I move them a single inch or adjust where they're facing by like 10 degrees the sound changes noticably. It's a cursed blessing, because it makes it real easy to tweak how you want it to sound, and real easy to change how it sounds thanks to a sharp corner. =\

woah i only have 1 tuned for sq... i can only wonder how 2 with a higher tuning would sound. I bet its FREAKISHLY loud.

ya ya i totally agree with you on the rainbows lol if i move them a little bit, they either get more muffled, or more clear (depending on what you like)

OlogyAudio
09-01-2005, 09:43 PM

hehe fun stuff :) -- Mine are pretty install independent though that was a design characteristic though... A little more stress on the tweeter but its always nice to have awesome response 60 degrees off axis everywhere... Creates a pretty detailed soundstage even with a crappy install... though there are pretty much 2 different sounds depending on spacing in distance away from your head between tweeter and midwoofer -- rich and accurate or slightly more relaxed sounding... one or the other can be had based on the polarity of the tweeter and the difference between the distance between the tweeter and your head -- and the midwoofer and your head :)

looks like people are missing out on review opportunities though -- I'm sending various sets to Mike at soundsplinter and atleast one set to squeak before too long to review... Getting them to look a little more professional ;)

Any other mods out there want on the list? :)

Raven
09-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Besides DVC4ohm, push terminals, and decent out of box imaging? Not really.

nametaken
09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
How are the tweets in there, just hanging?

Justintoxicated
09-02-2005, 12:55 AM
no, i felt the midbass in my chest sealed. THey would have to be pretty awesome mids to feel them IB.

I just have regular DLS Iridium Mids and I can feel them hit IB...well I did deaden my doors...Vibrates my rear view mirror too, even after I Deadened my floor and rear wall..??

I would love to hear some rainbows I hear they are the best.

6spdcoupe
09-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Sounds like your really loving these SLCs. They are one of my best selling sets of components due to price to quality factor, and I get similiar reviews from my customers on a regular basis.

Just did a few installs this week with similiar results....ProfiVandiums off a DA D5600.2 replacing his multiple-time blown M6 comps, as well as a set of Profis with Kickbass replacing Contours. Both customers were at ease with the money they spent once they heard them.

I went through ProfiVanadiums,Kickbass as well as Phase plugs and they never let me down. Still running the CAL26Titan tweet, but unfortunately the only thing Rainbow had to offer in an 8 was the Xplain which didnt quite suit my needs. I switched over to the Illusion nd8, pending Rainbow production of a better performing 8.

Decado
09-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Hey flakko, you should listen to ozzy osbourne's "no more tears" and post what you think on here. That sound has some EXCELLENT sound quality, and i can get it to sound **** good even with my crappy sony's and no subs, haha. Anyways, i'd like to see what you think about that song, that's the kind of stuff i'd be listening to mostly and would like to know how it sounds on the soundlines (which i'm thinking about buying, sorry ology, i'm just too **** broke to buy ur's :crap: ). Anyways, if you dont have time dont worry about it, but that would be great if you could do this man.

flakko
09-02-2005, 03:59 AM
Hey flakko, you should listen to ozzy osbourne's "no more tears" and post what you think on here. That sound has some EXCELLENT sound quality, and i can get it to sound **** good even with my crappy sony's and no subs, haha. Anyways, i'd like to see what you think about that song, that's the kind of stuff i'd be listening to mostly and would like to know how it sounds on the soundlines (which i'm thinking about buying, sorry ology, i'm just too **** broke to buy ur's :crap: ). Anyways, if you dont have time dont worry about it, but that would be great if you could do this man.

okay ill get some classic metal listening in. DIO anyone?? :peace:

and also feel free to reccomend songs and genres you listen to so i can review them :)

Decado
09-02-2005, 04:11 AM
Alright man, thanks.

Savstyle
09-02-2005, 04:23 AM
okay ill get some classic metal listening in. DIO anyone?? :peace:

and also feel free to reccomend songs and genres you listen to so i can review them :)
roses by outkast is a good one
some tech n9ne is really nice alot of sounds i never noticed before i put my slc's in.
ummm cant think of anyhting right now

flakko
09-02-2005, 04:29 AM
roses by outkast is a good one
some tech n9ne is really nice alot of sounds i never noticed before i put my slc's in.
ummm cant think of anyhting right now

sorry lol specific songs (by tech n9ne)

Savstyle
09-02-2005, 04:42 AM
hmm
industry is punks
imma tell
keep on keepin on
yada yada yada
Constantly Dirty
Worst Enemy
Psycho itch
God Complex
F.T.I.
those hsould keep u going for awhile, jsut to warn tech n9ne is weird rapper on some songs. i left out his nutty ones, but jus letttin u know

Raven
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I got two for you.
* "Dimmu Borgir - Progenies of the Great Apocalypse" Listen for the violins in the background, and pay close attention between 2:50 and 3:44. And 4:25 to 4:40, and.. blah, just listen to it.
* "Tristania - Aphelion" - Between 2:13 and 2:35, listen for the overachiever in the choir that hits a hellishly high note.

camry_tuner
09-03-2005, 08:44 PM
i heard flakko's speakers today... they are terrible... the midbass response as he listed is nonexistent, and the highs got harsh wen he turned it up... o wait.... those were my speakers :( :crying:
his rainbows sound amazing compared to my infinity kappas :p:

flakko
09-03-2005, 08:50 PM
i heard flakko's speakers today... they are terrible... the midbass response as he listed is nonexistent, and the highs got harsh wen he turned it up

i totally agree with that statement, i was bluffing through the entire review. (btw next time we meet up, ill let u listen to some mariah carey :))

JAZN
09-03-2005, 08:56 PM
i totally agree with that statement, i was bluffing through the entire review. (btw next time we meet up, ill let u listen to some mariah carey :))
heyyy, i listen to mariah to demo songs too. :p:

flakko
09-03-2005, 08:58 PM
heyyy, i listen to mariah to demo songs too. :p:

of course shes got an AMAZING VOICE *chough*ghey *cough*

camry_tuner
09-03-2005, 09:05 PM
i have mariah on the cd i had in my car... track 4 (mine again) on her newest album actually sounds nice in my car... even with the lack of midbass :(

JAZN
09-03-2005, 09:20 PM
when did u and jeremy get together?

flakko
09-03-2005, 09:26 PM
like 45 minutes ago.

edit: sorry for butting in...

JAZN
09-03-2005, 09:31 PM
where'd u guys meet at?

camry_tuner
09-03-2005, 09:34 PM
his house, bought that id max sub from hiim for a friend

JAZN
09-03-2005, 09:38 PM
icic. well holler at me next time yall are getting together.

flakko
09-03-2005, 10:56 PM
his house, bought that id max sub from hiim for a friend

err.. its not an idmax just to let you know hehe its an idq.

camry_tuner
09-03-2005, 11:57 PM
err.. its not an idmax just to let you know hehe its an idq.

ooops i meant idq hahahaha my bad

flakko
10-21-2005, 06:05 PM
okay okay after a long hiatus trying to set everthing up for usamps, ive gotten back to the speakers :)

as per request for macbethpoe a metal review.

CD's listened to earlier: In Flames - Clayman and Colony, Poison - Greatest Hits

In flames first. I dont think In flames was meant to be played on my speakers. Midbass/bass was VERY lacking (like the infinity's) and the highs were shrill as a mofo. Not a very pleasant listening experience.

Poison: It was alright on these speakers, the midbass was good and all that but some guitar solos (you know those old hair bands) were soo shrill for me i had to change the song, hurt my ears.

THose were the bad reviews, but the good.

CD's listend to minutes ago: DIO - The very beast of DIO, Living Sacrifice - Concieved in Fire

Okay my ears hurt....i have a headache...i am very pleased. For DIO, they are an old band ya know, so even the remastered recordings aint all that hot. But for wat it was, it sounded nice. the kicks were there, the midbass guitar was there. good. For Living Sacrifice, well after 3 songs at full volume, i had a headache, and my ears hurt a lot. But the midbass was there, the guitar sounded amazing, the bass guitar was wow and my sub Kept up nicely with the beats. Great listening experience.

all in all, some metal just isnt meant to be played on these speakers

flakko
10-21-2005, 06:12 PM
oh! o forgot one more thing....

Ozzy - No more tears ( i belive for decado) - It was good, however for my speakers, it sounded kinda tinny IMO (again its metal lol) there was a lack of something (midbass maybe? that seems to be the problem with metal) The highs were nice, and the synth at the beginning was nice.

Roses - Outkas (for niggz) - i was dissapointed with the piano at the beginning :( it was very muffled, and quiet. that was my main gripe about the song, but everything else is what you would expect out of the rainbows

alphakenny1
10-21-2005, 06:26 PM
^ agreed somewhat. the mids are very good but there is just something missing when playing metal. but still very very good for the price.

Logikalliquid
10-21-2005, 06:30 PM
In Flames songs lack midbass in general I found. Try something from Anthrax's Greater of 2 Evils CD. Thats pretty rich in midbass... for metal anyway.

flakko
10-21-2005, 06:43 PM
In Flames songs lack midbass in general I found. Try something from Anthrax's Greater of 2 Evils CD. Thats pretty rich in midbass... for metal anyway.

ohhh anthrax... i left out thems good old metal bands. Ill get some Pantera, anthrax and megadeth in.

MetalMaxima
10-21-2005, 06:44 PM
I have Arc Audio 265 ACS...which are almost identical to the SLCs...and I have found In Flames to be quite midbassy, and Nile FAWKING SLAMS on the Arc's...but then again, I have more deadening than 99% of the people on this forum, so that may be a contributing factor. :D

alphakenny1
10-21-2005, 06:46 PM
also i forgot to mention that when playing r&b songs, these things hit though. also yea i've deadended my doors and have sealed them up and man these things hit.

MetalMaxima
10-21-2005, 06:47 PM
also i forgot to mention that when playing r&b songs, these things hit though. also yea i've deadended my doors and have sealed them up and man these things hit.

EXACTLY. Seal those puppies! Also, did you try doing ye olde phase switching?

flakko
10-21-2005, 06:59 PM
I have Arc Audio 265 ACS...which are almost identical to the SLCs...and I have found In Flames to be quite midbassy, and Nile FAWKING SLAMS on the Arc's...but then again, I have more deadening than 99% of the people on this forum, so that may be a contributing factor. :D

yea lol me = no deadening, and im just too lazy to reinforce my kicks with more layers :p:

Decado
10-21-2005, 09:21 PM
oh! o forgot one more thing....

Ozzy - No more tears ( i belive for decado) - It was good, however for my speakers, it sounded kinda tinny IMO (again its metal lol) there was a lack of something (midbass maybe? that seems to be the problem with metal) The highs were nice, and the synth at the beginning was nice.

Roses - Outkas (for niggz) - i was dissapointed with the piano at the beginning :( it was very muffled, and quiet. that was my main gripe about the song, but everything else is what you would expect out of the rainbows

Heh, well, I have to say that no more tears sounds nothing short of amazing on the ologyaudio set, you should pick one of them up.

alphakenny1
10-21-2005, 09:28 PM
EXACTLY. Seal those puppies! Also, did you try doing ye olde phase switching?

hmm i should try that. but **** thats work because i gotta take off the non hardening clay. me = lazy :D .

anyways i went back to my doors to finish up sealing my mids and wow after finishing it hits much harder. it hits like two 8's or something. when playing r&b music with these mids man o man they sound good.