PDA

View Full Version : Need a decent head unit with minijack input?

JungleMan
08-23-2005, 07:45 PM
OK, so here's my deal...

I need a head unit for my car, with one basic requirement-- a minijack input. Something to hook up my MP3 player to. Preferably something in the front, but I can't seem to find many head units with such a feature :(

I'd really like to spend no more than $150 preferably less.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a decent (this head unit will never see subs or an aftermarket amp, probably at most some upgraded 4x6 and 6x9 speakers) head unit, I'd really appreciate it! :)

swoosh
08-24-2005, 03:17 AM
If you can't find one you could always use an FM modulator, I'll look and see what I can find for you in the way of a HU. I used to have a JVC that had one, I used it to listen to my minidisc player :)

Anthony

swoosh
08-24-2005, 03:24 AM
Aiwa CDC-X304
It's $99 from crutchfield. I'm not sure on the quality, but it has a front panel aux input. You can always get a cable that converts the IP-bus signal (CD Changer hookup) on most decks, and use that as an AUX input.

I would put my money on this as a better product but it is over what you wanted to pay.
JVC Arsenal KD-AR560
$199 from crutchfield.

Hope this helps,
Anthony

JungleMan
08-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks swoosh... I was looking at the FM modulators but considering that they're about 1/3 the cost of a new head unit for a "decent" one (which might still have quality issues) I figure it's the best idea to upgrade my head unit in need of replacement!

After a little more browsing I placed an order for an Alpine CDE-9845, got it for $145 shipped brand new on eBay...it has a minijack out but in the back, so I'll have to do a little creative wiring to get it where I want it...I hope it's good but it can't be too bad as it's an Alpine. :D