PDA

View Full Version : $300-$700 range best HU

air_odie
08-23-2005, 06:10 PM
I am looking to put a new system in my 00 dodge dakota club cab, after much research etc, I have decided that the most I want to spend on a Head Unit would be 700, but if one that is great is out there for less I will take it. I am looking for a newer just released model. The truck is really clean and nice so I am looking for something that will compliment, not hurt the interior. I know the following about it, it has a 1.5 DIN slot and I will be running 2-10" Eclipse SW9102 woofers in a modified thunderform box in the rear. I want to setup a system with the head unit capable of handleing more then basic eq properties and was looking for ones with 3 5V preouts. I want at least cd, mp3, sat ready. Also I would like it to be blue lighted or full color.

Can someone make a serious reccomendation? for more on my system look in the Gen Disc area for the post "Dakota needs to rock!"

Thanks for your help

O D I E

3.5Max6spd
08-23-2005, 06:16 PM
eclipse cd8455 fits the budget- the most 'hardware' and flexibility you can get in that budget along with blue illumination option

air_odie
08-23-2005, 06:36 PM
I was looking at that one b4 my post as well the preouts and most everything in it seem very fitting and the review of it was nice as well. Any heat problems or anything else to know about it ??

swoosh
08-23-2005, 08:59 PM
How about this, Jvc KD-AVX1 it is around $400
You can always add on more screens later. Removable face place also. Inputs so you can add other crap... :) Seems really good for the money, also has really good reviews. I know I am getting one :D

http://www.jvc.com/Resources/00/00/59/32.JPG

# DVD/CD receiver with built-in amplifer (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
# 3" TFT LCD monitor built into the motorized, fold-down faceplate
#
# on-screen display of JPEG images
#
# plays DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, Video CDs, and MP3/WMA discs
#
# Giga MP3 capability — will play up to 100 hours of MP3/WMA files burned onto a single recordable DVD
#
# system control via front-panel control keys and menu system
#
# 7-band iEQ
#
# SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
#
# CD changer controls
#
# audio/video input
#
# backup camera input
#
# audio/video output
#
# dual-zone mode
#
# 5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
#
# wireless remote
#
# DVD frequency response: 16-22,000 Hz
#
# DVD signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
#
# FM sensitivity: 11.3 dBf

MrWizzard
08-23-2005, 11:26 PM
looks nice but hows the SQ? thats kinda cheap for somthing with a 3" TFT.... I was going to drop around the same price on a pioneer with 24 bit burr browns... i think that would sound better, but it is kewl to have a 3" TFT display...

swoosh
08-24-2005, 12:25 AM
I have read some reviews saying the SQ is pretty good :)

Mrwizard: We have the same # of posts!

folgrz
08-24-2005, 02:21 AM
i love that JVC HU

azbass
08-24-2005, 02:25 AM
id rather have an sq deck with no screen and 24 bit DACs etc.

swoosh
08-24-2005, 03:06 AM
From JVC's site

* Power Output: 200W Max. (50W x 4)
* MOS-FET Power Amp
* Built-in 3-Inch Monitor
* GIGA MP3
* SIRIUS Ready
* 96kHz/24-bit Audio DAC (Advanced Multi-bit DAC)
* 7-Band iEQ
* MP3/WMA Compatible with ID3/WMA Tag
* DVD-R/-RW/VCD Compatible
* CD/CD-R/CD-RW Compatible
* DTS/Dolby Digital/MPEG Audio
* 5V Line Output Level
* Gold-Plated Line Output Terminals (x 2 pairs)
* Gold-Plated Video Output Terminals
* Gold-Plated Subwoofer Output Terminals
* Second Gold-Plated Audio Output Terminals
* Gold-Plated AV Input Terminals
* Optical Digital Output
* Motorized Slide-Out Face
* Multi-Function Wireless Remote Control
* Dual Zone Function
* Steering Remote Control Ready

One thing though, the subwoofer is only a 2v preout.. It shouldn't be a problem though :)

Savstyle
08-24-2005, 03:17 AM
pioneer premier deh860mp is an awesome deck and fits your budget, also the dehp8 is blue illumination and silver casing it looks nice feature are decent, but kidna annoying to navigate thru(due to one knob navigates thru everything)but like the other guy said, the eclipse 8445 will have the most features and flexibilty.
EDIT:or the 8455 forgot about that one