PDA

View Full Version : rainbow vs cdt

Lil Poot
08-23-2005, 04:54 PM
how do the cdt ef61crf's compare to the rainbow slc 265's?
i want to spend around 200-300, i will probably be using kickpanels in my 87 trans am and i want good midbass. any other suggestions in this price range? amp is an orion 8004

Savstyle
08-23-2005, 05:06 PM
how do the cdt ef61crf's compare to the rainbow slc 265's?
i want to spend around 200-300, i will probably be using kickpanels in my 87 trans am and i want good midbass. any other suggestions in this price range? amp is an orion 8004
i have the slc's they sound great. midbass is decent i dont have them amped yet so i cant comment on how strong the midbass is yet. but the tweets are great, very smooth and detailed

Raven
08-23-2005, 05:09 PM
If you're after the used ones in the classifieds, they will definitely outperform equally priced CDTs. Otherwise, I can't comment. I've *read* they are similar in quality, so you'd have to listen to a pair to decide.

Lil Poot
08-23-2005, 05:19 PM
i was but they are already sold. i read up on them a bit though and they perked my interest, so now im considering buying them new. might just wait a few weeks and keep an eye on the forum classifieds though.
i know the cdt is a lot cheaper, but i can get a pair of those for 200 shipped, slightly used.

i read somewhere that the rainbows dont like to be in a sealed enclosure. is that right? i would still get better midbass response with it sealed right?

skierxx5556
08-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Rainbows are a great speaker I currently have a pair of CS 230 contours and am up grading to a pair of profi vanidiums. I really cant speak for the cdt's because i dont have any experience with them, but the rainbows are awesome and mine will be up for sale soon so keep an eye out...

Lil Poot
08-23-2005, 05:39 PM
whoops im an idiot. they are actually cdt ef-61 cf's. do these compare to the rainbows a little better?
and the 200 price i had mixed up with another offer. for these he said make an offer.