PDA

View Full Version : Need Your help

Regovish
08-23-2005, 04:19 AM
Hi, I baught a Skoda Octavia '04 in which there is a place for 6.5 inch front doors speakers and a place for 1 inch tweeter behind the side mirror I am planning to change the existing factory supply system by another one of the following:

Head Unit
Alpine CDA-9853R / CDA- 9812RB
Pioneer DEH-P77MP/ DEH-P7700MP

Front Speakers(6.5 comp)

JBL P650C /Infinity Kappa 65.5CS / Polkaudio db 6500 Alpine SPR-17LS

For Rear Spaekers(6x9 coaxial )

Polkaudio Momo MMC690 / JBL( power series) P953 / Alpine SPR-694A / Infinity Kappa 693.5i

I am confused between 2 available brands for 4 ch Amps , Shall I go for Alpine or Rockford as I will use it as a 4ch amp for the F & R spaekers.

I am new in this foroum and asking you the most experienced guys to help me for setting a good system out of the previous
Which brand is better for the front & which is the best for the rear.....

Also is there something like common rules when you use Pinoeer HU it is driving power but Alpine is more clarity so you should choose special type of speakers with each brand or there is no difference

Guys help me as I will purchase these units through Internet and I cant find a chance to try listnening to these models in any shops here as it is not available

flakko
08-23-2005, 04:52 AM
well a lot of people will tell you in this forum not to get any rear speakers because it will bring the soundstage back.

umm having dealt with infinity before. i choose infinity. but Alpine has gotten a WHOLE lotta praise around here so i guess alpine?

p.s. can i see a picture of your car? :D

Bluntman420
08-23-2005, 04:54 AM
x2 on the picture of your car

Boom_box
08-23-2005, 05:00 AM
He is right about the rear speakers, they just bring the sound to the back. If you really want to put rears just use them as fills (meaning just to complete the sound system) just put more power to the fronts. For me it really won't matter what amp you use. If your looking for power both alpine and rockford will do. I suggest you use two 2 channel amps of the same brand (just so your system looks better).

Regovish
08-24-2005, 07:56 AM
OK, if the rear will not be agood idea how to get the bass, I doubt that the front spaekers will perform such good bass as rear and how the sound will be distributed in the car , if I will go for a sub woofer instead of the rear this means more Amp and forget about the trunk of my car (Family car)
Pls advice what to do to get a good balanced sound inside

Regovish
08-24-2005, 07:58 AM
He is right about the rear speakers, they just bring the sound to the back. If you really want to put rears just use them as fills (meaning just to complete the sound system) just put more power to the fronts. For me it really won't matter what amp you use. If your looking for power both alpine and rockford will do. I suggest you use two 2 channel amps of the same brand (just so your system looks better).

Pls advice what to do, shall I go for compenet in the back instead of coaxial or it will be the same problem , is there any way to use 2 small sub woofers or one big which they call it (free to air) without any boxes instead of back coaxials!!:crying: :mad:

snebes
08-24-2005, 08:24 AM
If you want more bass, I would get some drivers designed for a lower frequency in the back. eD's 6.5" woofers that they just came out with, RE XXX Mid's, Koda 6's, etc. Just make sure you have a highpass or bandpass filter on them so they only produce, say 80-250Hz, but that range if more to your discretion.

harveyy
08-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Tang Band also makes a 6.5" sub (good price) , do a search at www.partsexpress.com.

JL 6WO as well.

For lack of space and sound quality, 6.5" are a good substitute for bigger subs.

Boom_box
08-25-2005, 01:25 AM
If you have good front speakers they should give you some good bass (this is your not the type who does not like subs) 6.5 subs will do but i would still go for the sub-in-the-trunk install (for better frequency) I noticed your from Russia so I don't know the availabiliy of certain brands there but Q-logic makes really good small enclosures that won't eat up your trunk. I had one before during my early years of car audio set-ups and I used 1 that had 4 6.5 subs that only used 1/5 of my trunk.

bri487
08-25-2005, 01:28 AM
будете Вы сосать мой член?

QuikSilverRS91
08-25-2005, 01:46 AM
2004 Skoda Octavia (not bad actually):
http://www.ucrphipsi.org/skoda.jpg

Regovish
08-25-2005, 03:21 AM
If you have good front speakers they should give you some good bass (this is your not the type who does not like subs) 6.5 subs will do but i would still go for the sub-in-the-trunk install (for better frequency) I noticed your from Russia so I don't know the availabiliy of certain brands there but Q-logic makes really good small enclosures that won't eat up your trunk. I had one before during my early years of car audio set-ups and I used 1 that had 4 6.5 subs that only used 1/5 of my trunk.

All right this is a good suggestion but still I didn't get answers to my main questions,
We agree that I will go for good front 6.5' components but what about the rear!! Shall I go for coaxials (6x9) or 6.5' also or no need for rear speakers and just use the Subwoofer
Another question , what about this FREE TO AIR subwoofers which you just install to the back of the rear seats and in this case is the sound will be good or not
Appreciate your advice

Regovish
08-25-2005, 03:26 AM

is this means because the octavia is a hatch back car I can use the back board as it is big area and set a component system (2/3 ways) so the two 6.5 subs which you mentioned will be included in addition to midranges & tweeters!! and by this I don't have to go for the rear coaxials 6X9

Pls correct me if Iam wrong,
Apprciate your detailed advice
:blush: ;) ;)

Regovish
08-25-2005, 03:31 AM
2004 Skoda Octavia (not bad actually):
http://www.ucrphipsi.org/skoda.jpg
Can you tell me if your are satisfied with your HU and what about the performence of the infiinity as it seems we have the same car and I was planning to buy the infinty kappa 65.5cs for front and was hesitated between Infinity & the other major 3 brands available here which is Polkaudio db6500, JBL P650c & Alpine SPR-17ls
What do you think to buy the Pioneer as a HU or Alpine is better

Boom_box
08-25-2005, 04:39 AM
Pioneer is nice to look at but for some strange reason a lot of people encounter static problems (not sure why). Alpine HU are good. You know Sony makes some nice HUs if your interested.

For your rear speakers... it really depends, my friend who is really tall set up his rear speakers coz the seat is so far back his ears are near the rear speakers. But most people who actually fit in their cars would rather set up the fronts. I would just slap a good set of front separates (high powered) and 6x9s in the back (low powered).

Chainsaw45
08-25-2005, 10:01 AM
I would recommend you get some good Comps up front the Alpine Type R's are nice so are the Infinitys. If you need a head unit I'd go with Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, or Eclipse but NOT Sony. Alot of people on here don't like the lower end sony's because they don't hold up too well but i've heard the more expensive stuff is alright. For the back just get one 10'' subwoofer in a small sealed box it shouldn't take up too much room. Or look into the 6'' woofers others have recommended.