PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9847 vs.. ?

drzenitram
08-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Well, here's my dilemma.

I have a 1999 Eclipse and I have to take apart the entire dash to install my HU, and it's currently half my dad's car, so he's going to be driving it during the day and he doesn't want a "ghetto" job done.

He wants it professionally installed.

So I figured I'd go with something best buy had in stock, since they install HU's free if you buy them there.

Thus, I took at look at the Alpine 9847. It has most of the features I want(I think).

I bought the Clarion EQ744, so I'll have 7v preouts(and plenty of them) and a 7band equalizer.

But, what I want: XM/Sirius ready, plays mp3s, looks good(I like the look of alpines, some pioneer etc), and will cost less than 350 installed(even if it's at a different shop.)

Ideas? Comments?

..Rebuddles?

PowerdByGuiness
08-21-2005, 02:53 PM
its a very good unit. im upgrading to this from my alpine 9843 bc i do not have enough RCA outs. the only issue is that im not sure if i would trust best buy to the install lol

kw_rock
08-22-2005, 04:04 AM
It's good. I'm selling mine. =o

shellshocked
08-22-2005, 10:33 PM
I have the alpine 9847. Pros are easy to use (you have to keep the manual handy for most other decks), preouts for speakers and sub. Also you can load the CD without having to drop down the faceplate which was something I liked. Cons are the bass and treble controls are strange - they use a band and bandwidth setting they work but I would rather have some type of equalizer like function. Overall it sounds great.