PDA

View Full Version : CDT CL-62 components or ID Chameleons?

Jack Bauer
08-21-2005, 02:03 PM
I need to decide between one or the other tonight? They'll be going in the front of my car and I'm going to try running them without rear fill. They'll be run by an Arc Audio 4050XXK, which puts out 180rms by 2 at 4 ohms. Which one should I get? I can get the CDT's a little cheaper and easier as well. But they will cost more to install well as the tweeter can't be mounted on them I don't think. Thanks

ighettoboyi
08-21-2005, 02:06 PM
i heard IDs have some design flaw with dust/dirt getting in em or something? where's pennis when you need him

i'd still go with the IDs over the CLs...

req
08-21-2005, 02:48 PM
only when they get to near their RMS. if you cover them with grill cloth, they should be fine. you can shoot the dirt\dust out with some compressed air, or one of those flimsy paper buisness cards stuck between the phase plug and the VC former to wipe the stuff out.

but my ID CX62's get loud as hell anyway :p

and i had a set of CL-62's - and let me tell you, the difference between the ID CX62's and the CDT CL-62's is mind-numbing. but i dont know how the ID component set compares, because i have horns coupled with my mids. :)

the CDT's do sound crispy though. a little harsh IMO at times. horns are soooo much smoother :drool:

JAZN
08-21-2005, 03:40 PM
id chameleons no doubt. it's not that big of a deal with the lack of a dustcap, a lot of mids are like that. it just so happened that the dust thing happened to me, thats all.

strong*I*bumpin
08-21-2005, 03:54 PM
I had the CL & HD's ,no comparison to the ID's.There has been issues in the past(& present) with the Chams but ID said the newer sets will be better.If ur on a budget then go with the CDT's.BTW I had the TW25s(silk)tweets with the HD's & they were harsh to me.To me the NX30(ID)tweets sounds perfect,my set gets very loud when I need them to & incase u wanna know they're x'ed/o @ 100hz