PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Help...

nycspudz03
08-21-2005, 04:59 AM
But first dont flame me....
Okay, I have 4 eminence alpha 6 speakers:
A 100 WATTS RMS SMOOTH SOUNDING 6" MIDRANGE SPEAKER!

Impedance
8 ohms
RMS Power Rating
100 Watts
Frequency Response
110Hz - 10kHz
Sensitivity (1W/1m)
97dB
Max. Crossover Frequency
10kHz

Now i know these arent the best speakers for car audio, but can someone suggest a good pair of tweeters and X-over that I can use with these.

flakko
08-21-2005, 05:11 AM
contact ologyaudio (pm him) he can help you out

OlogyAudio
08-21-2005, 11:19 AM
contact ologyaudio (pm him) he can help you out
This is one of those situations it won't cost that much more to go active and add EQs -- compared to passive...

2x 6" midrange drivers per side -- along with a horn tweeter.... active -- lots of EQ :) :eek: you will need it -- oh and don't expect much volume under 200hz...

If you can sell these drivers and start over I can help you out with something that would sound loads better... wont be as screaming loud but... if you value quality :) -- or you could simplify things and get a nice component set -- just an option to be fair... :)

nycspudz03
08-22-2005, 03:09 AM
So there's 'no possible way to build around these speakers and have it sound okay??

OlogyAudio
08-24-2005, 01:04 AM
So there's 'no possible way to build around these speakers and have it sound okay??

I wouldn't advise it... you would have to add some very powerful midbass drivers to manage from 200hz on down to where the subs take over (hrmn read this as RE XXX) and you would need 2 or 4 per side to keep up... heh... -- oh and a horn -- oh and this would get very expensive and those emi drivers don't have much for midrange resolution...

if you got them from partsexpress within the last 45 days you can return them no questions asked.

I suggest starting over

BC has some very nice very high spl pro drivers btw...