PDA

View Full Version : Listings of the Best Component Choices?

DeathtoToasters
08-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Ok I have done many searches and I know this is also a subjective question, but I would love to see if I can get a better idea of the progression of quality.

As most probably know...when you come from the regular 'commercial' market and start finding forums like this you start learning alot more and finding alot more choices.

Here is what I am wondering....

In a list from Good to Best where do these fall in to place? Also if there are some I am missing please help me fill this in.
(I have 6.5" components up front. So mainly that is what I am directing my choices at)

Diamond Audio s600s
Focal
Rainbow
Phoenix Gold Elite
DLS ULTIMATE IRIDIUM
MB Quart
Alpine

Ok, these are not in any order as I cannot figure out what is best and not :)

Thanks for the help!!!

azbass
08-20-2005, 10:48 PM
dynaudio

DeathtoToasters
08-20-2005, 11:27 PM
dynaudio

Where in the list does it belong?

OlogyAudio
08-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Check your pm box ... but Me, CDT, ID, ED should be up there too ya know...

DeathtoToasters
08-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Diamond Audio s600s
Focal
Rainbow
Phoenix Gold Elite
DLS ULTIMATE IRIDIUM
MB Quart
Alpine
OlogyAudio
CDT
ID
ED

Can someone put these in order of good to best for me as the list seems to be growing. :)

OlogyAudio
08-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Diamond Audio s600s
Focal
Rainbow
Phoenix Gold Elite
DLS ULTIMATE IRIDIUM
MB Quart
Alpine
OlogyAudio
CDT
ID
ED

Can someone put these in order of good to best for me as the list seems to be growing. :)
I'm on top :laugh: :uhoh:

I don't know other than that ;) -- I say CDT and Rainbow are a jump above the rest -- if I had to buy something it would be one of their offerings... DLS seems to have a following at the prices they can be had on these forums though... Past that? ED/ID -- their drivers are nice atleast haha.../focal/PG/Diamond/....... yea its all good :P

snb778
08-21-2005, 01:55 AM
ads

RCwhat
08-21-2005, 11:33 AM
your forgetting SEAS lotus reference series. Which i would place right up there with rainbow.

Starky
08-21-2005, 01:01 PM
you forgot boston acoustic to

GSteg
08-22-2005, 01:22 PM
your forgetting SEAS lotus reference series. Which i would place right up there with rainbow.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

seas sounds pretty good

Bake
08-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Boston should definitely be in there among the top three or four

bri487
08-22-2005, 03:02 PM
the new zapco red cones will be on top of the ones listed. they are new products this year, so they arent everywhere yet, but they are definitly the best i have heard so far. comparable to them are dynaudio's higher end lines. they sound like the boston pro's but louder, a lot louder. the boston z6's and diamond d9's are just as loud as the zapco's, but not nearly as smooth.

OnYrMrk
08-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Morel

Focal Utopia Be...best sounding speakers I have ever heard, local focal rep has em in his car. Heard the Rainbows a few months back, **** nice speakers. Diamond Audio D600's aren't bad, but I like the D9's better.

Seriously though, if you have enough dampening on your doors, any of the afforementioned speakers will do you justice.

It doesn't hurt to mix components either. Say the Audiom Tweeter from Focal and the Dynaudio 8" mid. Whew that would sound nice.

Ology does seperates, I would contact him.

bri487
08-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Morel

Focal Utopia Be...best sounding speakers I have ever heard, local focal rep has em in his car. Heard the Rainbows a few months back, **** nice speakers. Diamond Audio D600's aren't bad, but I like the D9's better.

Seriously though, if you have enough dampening on your doors, any of the afforementioned speakers will do you justice.

It doesn't hurt to mix components either. Say the Audiom Tweeter from Focal and the Dynaudio 8" mid. Whew that would sound nice.

Ology does seperates, I would contact him.

the Be's also will force you into a second mortgage.

air_odie
08-23-2005, 09:07 PM
how acurate is this list looking for some 6.5 2 and 3 ways for my dakota see the "Dakota needs to rock" thread in gen disc

GSteg
08-23-2005, 09:28 PM
how acurate is this list looking for some 6.5 2 and 3 ways for my dakota see the "Dakota needs to rock" thread in gen disc

not as accurate.

it's all based on preference.

avistar23
08-23-2005, 10:39 PM
well i think adire koda 6.1's belong on here....

-Mike

bigmac16
08-24-2005, 12:36 AM
everybodys ears are different, so go with one you like,I have rainbow pro's and cdt 07's.also would put avi in there

adam71
08-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Pick the ones that sound the best to YOUR EARS in YOUR VEHICLE. I know thats alot easier said than done.:)

stupify
08-24-2005, 06:31 PM
everybodys ears are different, so go with one you like,I have rainbow pro's and cdt 07's.also would put avi in there

Yeah the CDT 07 series belongs up somewhere around the top. Great sounding speakers if you have the cash.