PDA

View Full Version : bypassing parking break hook up on screens...

leahy23
08-20-2005, 03:31 AM
i just bought a flip out screen and you must have the parking break hook up installed for it to show video but i dont know how to get to it in my 97 grand am. is there anyway to bypass this and hook it up to something else to make it work? i dont plan on watching videos when driving but i just want it to work. thanks alot

Justin89T
08-21-2005, 07:04 PM
is there anyway to bypass this and hook it up to something else to make it work?

Yes, what kind of screen is it?

i dont plan on watching videos when driving but i just want it to work. thanks alot

SSSSUUUUUURRRRREEEE YA DONNNTTT!!!!

Dj-torn
08-22-2005, 11:05 PM
I thought that you just ground the wire that runs to the hand break?

leahy23
08-24-2005, 02:57 AM
its not a real screen its a sony 9905x n its got a color screen with video hook ups n u can load ur own pictures on it but i cant do that until i get the parking break wire hooked up. thanks

swoosh
08-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Ground the wire that is supposed to be hooked up to the parking break. Should work, but possibly not, it depends on what screen you have.

h_saleh
08-24-2005, 10:32 AM
instead of hooking it up to the parking brakes, i had someone hook it up to a switch, and now everytime i start my car i turn off the switch and then back on and boom i can watch videos, yay!