PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a new box who wants to try :)

nikosbuddy
08-20-2005, 12:34 AM
..i got everything...i mean everything that ill be using and what i want to do so its pretty simple :P but i need someone who can sucessufully design a box using 4 inch aero ports with 6" flares ......i have 3 of them but i wont need em if i dont need to.
Dimensions for the box including wood to were it will fit perfectly....
30" wide
26" deep
13" tall

i would like to use dual baffle in the front so the internal measurement's after displacement of wood and everything is this
28.5"
23.75" dual baffle included.
11.5"
this is whats available for air space....
and this comes to
7784 then i take 1728 and it leaves me with 4.5 of cubic air space, then remove the displacement of the sub im using, .6, which now leaves me with 3.8 cubic air space...thats what im left with when its all said and done now what i need is someones help who can actually design the box and make it were the aero ports are firing in the box, were it just shows the flares on the outside, not the tubing. so its nice and purdy flush but heres what i need to do i have 3 4" aero ports that i want to use for daily driving in there, or how many ever i need, but you have to remmeber that the box is 13" tall but its really only 11.5 so i cant have 2 tubes ontop of each other because the flares make them 6 inches in diameter....so if someone can help me create a box, for this sub woofer with everything i gave them http://www.elevationaudio.com/xspecs.htm < thats the specs for the X woofer but if someone can do that that would be awesome....

is this confusing? or is it pretty well layed out i just wanted to make it as simple as possible for the person who wanted to help me, its basically already got everything...i mean everything internal space what im working with i just need to get someone who can find the length of the tubes for like 30-35 hz's and what not like a cut sheet and everything can anyone help
Mike

nikosbuddy
08-20-2005, 12:35 AM
can someone help by tommorow i need to get a layout for tommorow in order to be able to get it built and ready :(

davidfre21
08-20-2005, 12:36 AM
just shave a little off the flare to make them fit

nikosbuddy
08-20-2005, 10:07 AM
will that affect it or no?, if it wont i will do that i just need someone to help me design it basically everything is there i just need someone who can caculate the ports for me...or if they can find me the place to caculate what it will be for the aero ports thats cool to! let me know guys!
thanks
Mike

davidfre21
08-20-2005, 10:12 AM
ive seen it done a few times, so im pretty sure if there is a neg effect its probly small.

now no one is gonna be able to help u tune the aeros for SPL unless they have everything the same you have, sry. The trick to aeros in SPL seems to be Trial and error, make the box to your dimentions ,stick the aeros in and get metered. Then slowy cut down the aero's size until u stop gaining, also cutting down on box volume also seems to help alot with raising the tuning.

as far as daily i cant help ya there except tape over the ports to make the box sealed, thats my plan when it comes to daily.

davidfre21
08-20-2005, 10:21 AM
post if that makes sense lol

nikosbuddy
08-20-2005, 10:49 AM
no no no!!! lol i dont want it for spl yet this is going to be for daily driving :) thats why i just need someones help to ge tme to were the ports are tuned to like 30-35 hz's lol spl wont be till my new sub comes in...
let me know
Mike

nikosbuddy
08-20-2005, 10:50 AM
you can use aeros for daily i thought :( i was just going to use it for s/q cause they also they said with aeros its alot better for s/q and what not cause theres no port noise...am i wrong :(

davidfre21
08-20-2005, 10:58 AM
you can use aeros for daily i thought :( i was just going to use it for s/q cause they also they said with aeros its alot better for s/q and what not cause theres no port noise...am i wrong :(
im pretty sure u can use them daily just fine, and port noise come from a a ****** design, ive never had port noise

nikosbuddy
08-20-2005, 11:03 AM
anyone got a link to the site were i can try and measure what id need to use the aero ports at...:( please let me know thanks guys
Mike

nikosbuddy
08-20-2005, 12:40 PM
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=268-352

these are the ports

ruckus
08-21-2005, 12:01 AM
http://www.psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/public_html/

port length calculator

kuijo
08-21-2005, 12:05 AM
http://www.maximacar.com/

another good site.

ruckus
08-21-2005, 01:12 PM
mine is from the site that makes his ports :D

nikosbuddy
08-21-2005, 02:29 PM
hey ok so i add it up right...i put it together and it says 24 inches for 32hzs and like 26 with the flars...so whats that mean because were im at im going to get the box built today..and i was wondering what does that mean...do i need to make each one that long or is that the total of all 3 combined? or is that how long each one has to be?
lmk!! thanks
Mike

nikosbuddy
08-21-2005, 02:52 PM
2 ports say 12"-15" im thinking thats all together can someone please fill me in send me a message, unless someone can design me a very nice slot port box with those designs i dont have much time and im hoping you guys can help me!!!
thanks
Mike

ruckus
08-22-2005, 07:27 PM
the ports are listed as how long each one needs to be on the calculator. the more ports you use the longer they need to be. you might need to go with 2 ports because dont forget you need clearance behind the ports of about 6 inches for proper use. I used 2 ports tuned to 40hz in a 4 cubed box and it is perfect for street bass, they are better than my slotted box too. I wouldnt bother with 30hz tuning. I would go with 35-40hz for daily driving.

nikosbuddy
08-23-2005, 12:00 PM
dang ya think so? shoot well ill try it lower then or would it matter tuan told me the aeros and slot port would perform the same.

ruckus
08-23-2005, 09:50 PM
well i ran a slotted before my flared and my flared is way louder. might be my specific boxes but I plan on using these ports from now on. ;)