PDA

View Full Version : hooking up ipod to eclipse 5425

Johnston_2007
08-17-2005, 09:54 PM
i am getting ipod pretty soon and i need to know what i need to hook this up to my head unit. also i need the cheapest and easies way to do this. and i dont care if i can adjust it from my head unit or not. any way would be fine. but thanxs alot if anyone can help me.

i just looked in the book for the head unit and it says. Use a commonly available acc. cord. With a jack for AUX cord. Portable audio players and other external inputs can be connected to the system. so what cords and jackes do i need to hook this beast up and where do i plug them in the back of the head unit. becuase i never seen no aux jack when i hooked it up.

Johnston_2007
08-17-2005, 11:07 PM
also i found the cord i need but it has rca's on the end of it. what other cord do i need now to hook to the rca's and then to the i pod.

da_tank
08-17-2005, 11:25 PM
you already have the cheapest way... the rca cable to the aux in from the headphone jack.
If you purchase the interface then it will keep your batt. charged. they also have some wireless ones that connect using the fm station like those oldschool cd changers but i hear that if you live in a big city or drive by one the signal comes and goes. oh and arent you a senior vip member:)

Johnston_2007
08-18-2005, 05:40 PM
yes im a senior vip member but i have never messed with an ipod before and i found the cord i need on installer.com for like 20 bucks that comes with the aux in with the headphone jack and on ebay i found an ipod holder with battery charger for 10 bucks. and i can just hook up a ciggerete liter from walmart for like 3 bucks and then im cocked locked and ready to rock. but thanxs alot da tank for ur help. lol