PDA

View Full Version : which x- over?

Sleeklsc
08-17-2005, 04:28 AM
ok heres the deal..

i have a set of 6.5 alpine type r comps and a set of 5.25 pioneer rev sreies comps..

however the alpine midbass wont clear my doors parts..so not useing but still leaves me w/ a couple ideas

can i use the pioneer midbass w/ the alpine x-over and tweeter?

i believe the alpine x-over is better and it also has a smaller casing, thus saves a bit of room

also a reason for not using the rev 's themselves is cause the tweeter mounting hardware wont allow me to do what i need..

please help

DBfan187
08-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Alpines xover point may be to low for the Pioneer.

OlogyAudio
08-17-2005, 11:29 AM
nonono -- not as if they were actually designed properly to start with or anything... but they defiantly aren't meant for those other drivers...

Logikalliquid
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
The alpine crossover might have a zobel network that'll mess up the pioneer's sound too(and the Pioneer too). Find out the crossover points of both and the frequency response of both speakers. That should be all the info you need to decide.

RCwhat
08-17-2005, 05:49 PM
The alpine crossover might have a zobel network that'll mess up the pioneer's sound too(and the Pioneer too). Find out the crossover points of both and the frequency response of both speakers. That should be all the info you need to decide.
you're also gonna want to measure the coils of both speakers as a difference in impedence will also shift the crossover point.