PDA

View Full Version : $150 Shipped Limit! 6.5 COMPS! CDT EF61 vs Morel Pulse's

mjbailey21
08-16-2005, 10:10 AM
6.5 Components going in an 04 Accord Sedan.

$150 shipped limit. Will be powered by any amp that it asks for.

CDT ef-61 vs Morel Pulse vs Focal Polyglass 130V vs ANY OTHERS YOU SUGGEST

Not very picky on sound, just looking to upgrade from stock. Mounting depth is 1 1/16 on stock however I know most good speakers will not fit that (except of course the all-mighty Type-S).

Drop input!

Thanks,
Matt

shibby15
08-16-2005, 04:41 PM
i fing it realy funny how pulse are consifered low-end/first set after junk here, while polygalss are mid-end and CDT are complitly unknown...
but i havent heart the focal or the CDT so i can't help you much beside telling you the pulse are not worth 150 more like 100... in my mind that is :)

i own the pulse but plan to upgrade to CDT ef 61CFI/24 so i'm interested to see what people say :)

just my 0.02 shekels....

desi_daru
08-16-2005, 05:50 PM
u can use a mdf spacer 2 make the mounting depth more, so u have more choices for speakers with the bigger mounting depths

3.5Max6spd
08-16-2005, 05:57 PM
i fing it realy funny how pulse are consifered low-end/first set after junk here, while polygalss are mid-end and CDT are complitly unknown...
but i havent heart the focal or the CDT so i can't help you much beside telling you the pulse are not worth 150 more like 100... in my mind that is :)

i own the pulse but plan to upgrade to CDT ef 61CFI/24 so i'm interested to see what people say :)

just my 0.02 shekels....

What exactly is it that you dont like about them? How much power you running to them? curious...

Johnny Drama
08-16-2005, 06:42 PM
6.5 Components going in an 04 Accord Sedan.

$150 shipped limit. Will be powered by any amp that it asks for.

CDT ef-61 vs Morel Pulse vs Focal Polyglass 130V vs ANY OTHERS YOU SUGGEST

Not very picky on sound, just looking to upgrade from stock. Mounting depth is 1 1/16 on stock however I know most good speakers will not fit that (except of course the all-mighty Type-S).

Drop input!

Thanks,
Matt

I have heard several of the CDTs you are talking about. I have had the CLs and the HDs also. All are good IMO. The CFs have great mid-bass when HP~80-85hz. I have heard them passed lower and didnt like them too much. I also dont like the little 3/4" tweets, I LOVE the 1" that the HDs came with. I am also not too keen on the x-overs that come with them, if you get them I suggest you upgrade the x-overs.
The only time I have heard the Poly glass 130v was at a cartoys, so I really cant comment on them.
I have not heard the Morel set.

On a side note. I just bought a pair of Boston Acoustic Pro 6.5's. I will be reviewing both my current HDs and the Pros. You are welcome to come over during the testing. I will be selling the pair I least like, Since you are local and a friend I will make you a deal on either or if your interested. (just to let you know I paid ~$150 for the Pros and $300 new for the HDs.)

mjbailey21
08-17-2005, 03:50 AM
Justin, contact me after you're done testing.

Bump this up, I guess the Morel's are out...

Diamond M561s are being thrown into the mix.

Any others guys, strongly leaning towards the CDT EF61s and may just go with the EF-61CFi/24 for $225.... very tempting.

bimma85
08-17-2005, 03:52 AM
Justin, contact me after you're done testing.

Bump this up, I guess the Morel's are out...

Diamond M561s are being thrown into the mix.

Any others guys, strongly leaning towards the CDT EF61s and may just go with the EF-61CFi/24 for $225.... very tempting.
Once you pick up your comps... if ya need around 150x2@4 ohms(underrated ;)) hit me up

mjbailey21
08-17-2005, 06:18 PM
pump it up!