PDA

View Full Version : Difference Between Dreamline and Soundline

Decado
08-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Ok, next step in my system is going for some nice components and i think i'm prolly gonna go with a rainbow 6.5 set. What is the difference between the dreamline http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&specific=jncnqrmng and the soundline http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&specific=jncojqrrk components? Is it just the frequency response? And will that 5 less hz on the soundlines make it sound much better? Or would it be better to just spend 150 less and get the dreamlines?

Decado
08-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Anyone? Basically i'm lookin for something that will get loud and sound good for metal. I heard DLS is good for metal also and CDT but i dont want to dish out 500 bucks for those. So i'm thinking about Rainbow Soundlines or Dreamlines. Is the extra 150 for the soundlines worth it or should i just go for some Dreamlines? Ohh and also, what about the RE component sets? Would those go well with metal? I havent heard much about them.
Ohh and btw, i'm going to be running whatever i get with 70 rms.

alphakenny1
08-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Anyone? Basically i'm lookin for something that will get loud and sound good for metal. I heard DLS is good for metal also and CDT but i dont want to dish out 500 bucks for those. So i'm thinking about Rainbow Soundlines or Dreamlines. Is the extra 150 for the soundlines worth it or should i just go for some Dreamlines? Ohh and also, what about the RE component sets? Would those go well with metal? I havent heard much about them.
Ohh and btw, i'm going to be running whatever i get with 70 rms.

i haven't heard the dreamlines but i can vouch for the slc's. they sounds great and is definately worth the money. they do get loud but very crisp and clear. you can't go wrong with the slc's.

Decado
08-17-2005, 01:09 AM
Know where i can buy any new? And do you know the difference between the dreamline and soundlines?

kuijo
08-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Speedsound.com has them both.

Decado
08-17-2005, 01:17 AM
I got a pm from a guy saying those were the 03 models, or are the 03 models good? Ohh and is it worth spending 150 extra for the soundlines or what? All i can see in difference is 5 hz less on the low end of the frequency response on the slc and 2 x12 db crossover instead of 1. Is this a big difference or should i just get the dreamline?

kuijo
08-17-2005, 02:06 AM
you can get 2 dreamlines for the price of the soundline so i hope htey are quite a bit better.

Decado
08-17-2005, 02:08 AM
Alright, they are they are the same power handling though, would that mean that the soundline is more efficient than the dreamline maybe?

kuijo
08-17-2005, 02:10 AM
i would hope so, but have no personal experiance with either of them, but also am looking into getting either of these pairs or the contour.

Decado
08-17-2005, 02:11 AM
Ya, people seem to hold rainbow in high regard, so you'd think they gotta be good.

kuijo
08-17-2005, 02:15 AM
sadly the only review i could find was Ravens over the soundline and he seemed to enjoy it.

Raven
08-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Rainbow Soundlines are the best component set I have ever heard. But then the highest I've heard beside them are just random Anaba, RF, and some lower Directed stuff. They are NICE speakers. I originally ordered the Dreamlines from Speedsound and they F***ed up the order. So to compensate they sent me Soundlines. I personally could never afford Soundlines so I'm not about to part with them either.

Very clear midrange, great midbass considering I had them free air in my doors with open baffle. The highs are not harsh or anything, but in kicks I did end up setting them to +3 db on the crossovers. They don't sound right in ****** kickpanels, I can tell you that with complete confidence. ;) I need new ones.

HeatSeeker
08-18-2005, 12:19 AM
The Dreamlines come with just a tweet crossover, so you have to wire the tweet and woofer both to the amp. Kind of a pain in the ***... SOund pretty good though, never tried the SLC's. Probably won't since I'm saving up for my horns and xxx mids:up2somet:

maybe if someone wanted to let their slc's go for cheap till that happens:p:

Decado
08-18-2005, 12:20 AM
If i hooked both the tweet and mid up to the amp wouldnt the power fluctuate differently to each tweeter/mid?

HeatSeeker
08-18-2005, 12:27 AM
You wire each woofer and tweet to the same channel on the amp. Left tweet and woofer go to one channel, right ones go to another.

Decado
08-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Ya, but would the woofer and the mid each get the same exact power? Or would one be gettin more than the other possibly?

acousticguitar
08-18-2005, 05:16 AM
ok, i also own the SLC 265. the .03 signifies the model #... they are currently on .04. The .03s sound good. i've heard better of course, but for the price, they are a heck of a comp set. quite detailed and transparent. they have a fairly sharp sound, but the highs arent harsh b/c its a silk tweet.

the dreamlines are lower end... its not just power handling.. the drivers are diff. For example, if you move up one set to the Contour, the real diff is the tweeter. (ppl say the Soundline midwoofer > CS midwoofer... you can ask Rick, the owner of Raamaudio about this) The Cal25 tweeter the CS set has is supposed to be excellent and even more detailed.

so the SLC has a great midwoofer. the midbass is quite thick, it can be overwhelming if you want it to be. but its got some oomph and its a nice, strong, and clear oomph. its not muddy.

the highs are clean, good. as ive said, ive heard better, but i like the SLCs and i definitely like the midwoofers, esp. running off my Eclipse HU. sounds good and definitely a recommend from me. i'd buy them over the dreamlines just for the 6.5s.

talk to FLAKKO, he may have a set left over and could give you a good price. if i had time to rip mine out, i'd sell them, but i just dont. :)

Decado
08-18-2005, 01:09 PM
^Great review, exactly what i was lookin for. Thanks alot.

Decado
08-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Hmm, just noticed on speedsound.com the rainbow slc and slx's are .02, so does that mean they are the 2002 version? Is the 2002 version good or is there somewhere i can get an 03 model?

Blazemore
08-18-2005, 04:15 PM
I might be selling my SLC 6.5 here soon if your interested. (265.03)

OlogyAudio
08-18-2005, 04:33 PM
I might be selling my SLC 6.5 here soon if your interested. (265.03)
Hrmn I'd like som1 that had the soundline to do a direct review comparing them to my component sets :)..... Already have one that upgraded from the ED i6500s to my cheaper sets and creamed his pants lol :) -- but I think a good review against the rainbows would be a nice addition as well

acousticguitar
08-18-2005, 04:37 PM
i dont think theres much diff on the .02 and .03. they have similar specs. its the .04 that had some major changes.

Decado
08-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Hrmn I'd like som1 that had the soundline to do a direct review comparing them to my component sets :)..... Already have one that upgraded from the ED i6500s to my cheaper sets and creamed his pants lol :) -- but I think a good review against the rainbows would be a nice addition as well

Hmm, i'd like to see this also.

flakko
08-18-2005, 05:07 PM

would you mind sending me a set for a review?? im almost done with my kicks so i can just plug and play.

Decado
08-18-2005, 05:08 PM
^Lol

OlogyAudio
08-18-2005, 08:52 PM
would you mind sending me a set for a review?? im almost done with my kicks so i can just plug and play.
Just pay parts costs and shipping and you can keep it in exchange for the massive sales I will get when you cream your pants and say how much better it is than the rainbow set lol :) -- As I said I need meaningful reviews more than anything at the moment... -- A comparison against the highly regarded Rainbows would be all I need... Already have a comparison against EDi6500s where my set destroys them -- and then my testimony that it is on par with the Plats in terms of resolution at least -- and the 'sound' is kinda like BA Z series... but thatís not good enough I guess? LOL... But yea pay parts costs and shipping and I'll send ya a set in exchange for a review and lots of nice pictures :) -- This is open to anyone with a Rainbow set in this price class... or above even...

Decado
08-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Nice, wish i was gettin a good deal like that, i'd take it if i was u flakko.

OlogyAudio
08-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Nice, wish i was gettin a good deal like that, i'd take it if i was u flakko.
Well regardless of how sweet the deal... there is only about of $100 normally in profit for me -- for about 4-5 hours of pretty interrupted construction time... doesn't include the month it took to design them properly or the time I spend on the forums trying to get the word out lol... I'm making less than the poor chaps in mexico per hour if you include all that :) Ė When I get my resellerís account up with madisound and partsexpress Iíll be able to lower the price a little bit -- as well as keep my marginÖ

Decado
08-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Well, that's still $100 dollars off for him if he wants to take the deal.

acousticguitar
08-18-2005, 09:09 PM
ology--whats this deal that you are referring to? do you have AIM?

Raven
08-18-2005, 10:38 PM
From what I can piece together, in exchange for a solid review, OA is willing to drop the pice on a pair of his custom components. I don't have the money, and I'm pretty content with the Soundlines. People are right about the tweeters, they're pretty dependant on imaging and placement. I've considered a direct swap with the Aura tweets I still own =D

flakko
08-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey Ology Ygpm!

acousticguitar
08-19-2005, 07:51 AM
ology basically does a DIY system for you w/ custom passives. good parts, well regarded by DIYers, so i figure it can't be all that bad of a system. :)

Blazemore
08-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Not to crap on ology's PR work, my Rainbows are for sell in the classifieds.

OlogyAudio
08-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Not to crap on ology's PR work, my Rainbows are for sell in the classifieds.
Lol just got on the fourms was in the classifieds and saw the price on those -- thats an instane price btw :) If som1 is trying to stay under $200 get them! for sure -- no question about it you aren't going to find a deal like that w/o searching good and hard to find another person that is willing to part with a set for that little money :)

flakko
08-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Lol just got on the fourms was in the classifieds and saw the price on those -- thats an instane price btw :) If som1 is trying to stay under $200 get them! for sure -- no question about it you aren't going to find a deal like that w/o searching good and hard to find another person that is willing to part with a set for that little money :)

youd be supprised ;)

OlogyAudio
08-19-2005, 03:27 PM
youd be supprised ;)
Well thats cuz you are parting with your soundlines in order to get mine ;) lol

flakko
08-20-2005, 12:15 AM
lol not yet hehe i needa test yours out first ;)

bamaboy
08-20-2005, 11:39 AM
ha i paid 105$ for my Sl265s brand new in za box, dont care what anybody says for what i paid nothing can touch them IMO

ology, pm me a price on the components you are talking about, i would do a review for them

and ouch that 300$ on speedsound hurts for those

Raven
08-20-2005, 01:01 PM
You got them from that clearance a while back here on the forums. You will never again find them for that price because they sell at a $300 street value.

bamaboy
08-21-2005, 04:54 PM
i did how did you know :sneaky:

flakko
08-21-2005, 04:55 PM
cuz i got some tooo http://www.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/sneaky.gif

acousticguitar
08-23-2005, 04:48 PM
heh, i had to pay $5 more since i got them from someone else who bought them on that deal and the dealer ran out. :)