PDA

View Full Version : Help: Audio went out.

B15 Blackout
08-15-2005, 09:51 PM
car: 2005 nissan sentra spec v.
problem..

ok so im having some trouble with my tailights and interior lights going out on me on my way home one night. i end up wrapping the tailight fuse with speaker wire. when i turn the headlights on i get a spark from the tailight fuse. smoke start shooting out of my air ducts. after taking the dash out and center console i find the illumination wire to be fried from the headunit harness all the way to the clip in teh driver kick panel. So i rewire it and now i have working lights on my radio etc. the cd player takes in cds and spits them out so its getting power but i cant get it to turn on whatsoever.

one more thing

if i can remember, a long time ago i had put speaker wire around my audio fuse for some reason because it kept blowing. now im thinking that it is not getting anypower at all because the fuses dont blow anymore and the radio dont work. this has been for about 2 months, no local shops are willing to do the work they just tell me take it to the stealership and get raped so help would be appreciated as my car is off the road for the time being and i have time to try and fix it so i can upgrade my audio further.

TeenWolf
08-16-2005, 03:33 AM
Man...sounds like you have some serious electrical issues. It's a brand new car...take it to the "stealership" before something bad happens. Not what you wanted to hear, but that's what I would do.