PDA

View Full Version : Components or coaxils much difference?

bran_zimm
08-15-2005, 07:20 PM
i have a 2002 honda civic coup and im running a 148db system and im needing to get sum better highs. i dont wanna spend much money probly gettin everything off of ebay. at first i was lokoin at gettin all diamond audio but now im leaning towards Alpine Type-S. The fronts are 6.5" and the rear is 6x9's. I'll be buying the alpine 4channel amp putting out i beleive 50 watts a channel. im not tryin to have the best sq out there just something to sound a lil nicer. so heres the main thing
because of cost and installation difficulties. how much difference is it gonna sound if i get the coaxils 6.5" upfront instead of the component system. id really love to just get the coaxils but if the compents sound worlds better i may end up going wtih them. i just want sum opinions on that and if anyone has used the type-s would be nice to know how they sound.

SSS 18734
08-15-2005, 07:27 PM
The type S comps might not sound any better than a nice set of components. However, it depends how much you are willing to spend and if you are willing to do the install. Personally, I think its worth it. Components generally get louder without distorting and have better midbass. However, if your willing to buy some high-end coaxials, it might suit your purposes just fine.

camry_tuner
08-15-2005, 08:04 PM
or he could get a cdt braxial set up =P

SSS 18734
08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
or that

audiolife
08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
alpine type r set does coax, memphis syncs are coax (point sourced at that) and id chemeleons will go coax and guess what? they are all components!! lol big external xovers and no cheesey tweeters you get full the full sized stuff.

squeak9798
08-15-2005, 10:17 PM
or he could get a cdt braxial set up =P

Or he could buy any regular component set and do the exact same thing as the CDT Braxials by building a simple tweeter bridge.

Raven
08-15-2005, 10:30 PM
If your budget is around $100, you're in the range that makes some really great coaxials and some really horrible components. And vice versa on a lesser scale. Makes it tough to decide.

SSS 18734
08-15-2005, 10:32 PM
If your budget is around $100, you're in the range that makes some really great coaxials and some really horrible components. And vice versa on a lesser scale. Makes it tough to decide.

you can get some great components for around $100. I got my RE comps for around that price...

tplaya07
08-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Oz Audio Vectors, Powerbass ES6Cv.2's, or CDT Kama's would fit right around the $100 budget... or you can look into DIY stuff at madisound.com or partsexpress.com