PDA

View Full Version : N00B building box will some one check my port size and demisons?

RbAudio_Geek
08-15-2005, 02:51 PM
This is my Frist Subwoofer box and i just figuered out the demsions and port size could some one check them for me? I also have a few questions i need anwsered. I am building a ported box for my 2 S12L7 Kickers i am using the recommened SPL size box. I am makeing 2 chambers (1 for each sub) instead of 1 big one. My demisons for the whole box w/o the port is 14in height/25in width/40in depth. That is 7/12.5/20 in for each champer once again that is w/o the port. I am going to tune my box to 35 hertz i will be useing a square port i came up with the demsions for it as 10/5/27.78 in. That is for 1 chamber. Are the box and port demsions right? I was told that the SPL could damage the sub is that true and i will be listing mostly to rap so will 35 hertz sound good? And my subs are dual 2Ohm what kind of terminal cup will i need? And where can i get it and a made port at? Also what is the difference between these 2 boxes (the red circled area) i draw up (i see both on the forms alot)? The pics are the attachments.

Thank you very much for looking:D

RbAudio_Geek
08-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Anyone?

theCybe
08-15-2005, 04:32 PM
The difference is about double the portlength in the first .bmp

JoseMCeee
08-15-2005, 04:53 PM
wow thats massive depth...

And u should be fine with ur music as long as it doesnt go below 30 hertz. Or turn your ssf ~30hz.

RbAudio_Geek
08-15-2005, 09:29 PM
So everything will work and my box wont hurt the subs? It will be fine if it doesnt go below 30 hertz? What music will make it go below 30 hertz and how can i tell that it will?

Loudrango112
08-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Music of all sorts can go that low... thats some rap songs and even some rock that can drop that low... so just set a SSF.

JoseMCeee
08-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Music of all sorts can go that low... thats some rap songs and even some rock that can drop that low... so just set a SSF.

yea thats the best way to do it. Other than that, just make sure that you dont over power the subs or send them clipped watts and they should be fine and a lot louder.

BassAddictJ
08-16-2005, 02:19 AM
IF you dont have a subsonic filter, contact harrisons labs and tell them what you have and that you need some one thier external subsonic filters...got mine from them for like 35 shipped. works great, variable frequency adjustments....great if u need a SSF