View Full Version : help with a sub box.

08-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I have a 2005 F150 Supercrew. I need an under the seat box. I know about all the prefab boxes out there. The one I've decided on so far is http://www.supercrewsound.com/shop/detail/11/33.htm (sorry if I'm not suppose to post that). I plan on putting a Treo 10" SSi in the box, it has a shallow mounting depth and a decent power rating. Plus, I have heard real good things about the Treo subs. Don't know what amp yet...maybe zapco, treo, mcintosh (really like the Macs).

Anyway, should i go with this box or a custom box? Anyone build a "under the seat" box for a Supercrew? Anyone in SoCal willing to try? I unfortunately don't have the know how. If it was designed...I could build it. I tried a search here and on the the F150's sites...they all go with the prefabs.

I really want a decent SQ (but loud) sounding system this time around. Plans for the rest of the system:

HU - Mac 406 & d/c converter & meter (why not, I have a double din spot), or Clarion 9255 (probably this one), or Pioneer P9 combo.

Comp - Zapcos, or Rainbows, or a custom set from Ology Audio

Amps - most definately set on McIntosh (love the Macs)

I'm not sure about that box and sub...I'm just limited on mounting space box area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.