PDA

View Full Version : help with a sub box.

brypink
08-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I have a 2005 F150 Supercrew. I need an under the seat box. I know about all the prefab boxes out there. The one I've decided on so far is http://www.supercrewsound.com/shop/detail/11/33.htm (sorry if I'm not suppose to post that). I plan on putting a Treo 10" SSi in the box, it has a shallow mounting depth and a decent power rating. Plus, I have heard real good things about the Treo subs. Don't know what amp yet...maybe zapco, treo, mcintosh (really like the Macs).

Anyway, should i go with this box or a custom box? Anyone build a "under the seat" box for a Supercrew? Anyone in SoCal willing to try? I unfortunately don't have the know how. If it was designed...I could build it. I tried a search here and on the the F150's sites...they all go with the prefabs.

I really want a decent SQ (but loud) sounding system this time around. Plans for the rest of the system:

HU - Mac 406 & d/c converter & meter (why not, I have a double din spot), or Clarion 9255 (probably this one), or Pioneer P9 combo.

Comp - Zapcos, or Rainbows, or a custom set from Ology Audio

Amps - most definately set on McIntosh (love the Macs)

I'm not sure about that box and sub...I'm just limited on mounting space box area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Bryan