PDA

View Full Version : Door deadening really worked!

shellshocked
08-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Almost done with my install. I got one door deadened today. I was not looking forward to it but I followed the sticky. Screwed plexiglas over the large openings and put about $50 of Dynamat on the door. All I can say is it was a very surprising improvement. The dynamat is some nasty stuff and expensive. Forget about taking it off once it is on. Bottom line however is it works and I have no doubt that it will be stuck to the door 50 years from now. Now I need to do the other door...

Here is my set-up
Alpine 9847 HU - I really like this HU
Infinity kappa components - these are ok but I would not buy them again
Phoenix gold 5.04 driving the door speakers front and rear
DHD 8" sub in a custom built sealed enclosure - space is tight in my truck!
Lanzar HGT224 driving the sub
I have taken my time and put a lot of attention to detail in the install
Vehicle is a Ford Sport Trac

iceteebone
08-14-2005, 10:26 PM
this thread is worthless without pics.

sorry i can't use smilies anymore.

SSS 18734
08-14-2005, 10:28 PM
what improvements did you notice, exactly?

Eugenics
08-14-2005, 11:07 PM
his wallet got lighter

AndyB
08-14-2005, 11:10 PM
The door made a louder nosie when he shut it.

shellshocked
08-15-2005, 09:39 PM
You guys are harsh. I will take pics of door number 2. The improvement was in bass and mid-bass. I am no expert but it appeared to smooth the sound. I suspect I had a lot of harmonics and vibrations from the door. Also I noticed a slight decrease in wind noise - probably propogating through the door. Yes the wallet is lighter but I don't think anyone on this board has not dumped a lot of dollars for good sound and learned a few lessons the hard way. I was on the fence about spending the money on this mod but I am glad I took the advice on this board it did work. Regarding the sound when the door closed - no difference.

tplaya07
08-15-2005, 10:54 PM
his wallet got lighter

The door made a louder nosie when he shut it.

lol..I had the exact same results...and had to take my truck to the dealership to get the door hinges realligned because all the weight of the deadener was making the door sag...soooo much quiter now though.

zachzchw
08-18-2005, 02:42 AM
l...and had to take my truck to the dealership to get the door hinges realligned because all the weight of the deadener was making the door sag...soooo much quiter now though.

How much deadener is on your door?

azbass
08-18-2005, 02:47 AM
it works? no way

Eugenics
08-18-2005, 03:02 AM
You guys are harsh. I will take pics of door number 2. The improvement was in bass and mid-bass. I am no expert but it appeared to smooth the sound. I suspect I had a lot of harmonics and vibrations from the door. Also I noticed a slight decrease in wind noise - probably propogating through the door. Yes the wallet is lighter but I don't think anyone on this board has not dumped a lot of dollars for good sound and learned a few lessons the hard way. I was on the fence about spending the money on this mod but I am glad I took the advice on this board it did work. Regarding the sound when the door closed - no difference.

were just giving you crap, im glad to hear it worked. but while your hear you midas well learn howto get alot more sound dead'ning for alot cheaper so you can do more and show your results with us