PDA

View Full Version : Box For SX 15

Decado
08-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Alright, these are the specs i came up with for my 15" SX running at 600 rms @ 4 ohms and i just want to make sure that they are alright, or if there is something I should change about it.

They are as follows:

-Internal Volume-4.0ft^3
-Port Size-2.5 wide by 16.5 tall
-Port Length-21.75
-Tuning Frequency-32hz

And also, do i need a subsonic filter?

GCAdidas13
08-14-2005, 04:08 AM
-Internal Volume-4.0ft^3
-Port Size-2.5 wide by 16.5 tall
-Port Length-21.75
-Tuning Frequency-32hz

And also, do i need a subsonic filter?
-Good
-Good
-Good
-Good

Depends on your taste. Throw on a subsonic with that tuning and I'd assume you'd lose a little bit of "feel" but at the same time draw out a little more "sound"

Try it both ways, you certainly don't need it

Decado
08-15-2005, 03:21 AM
Finished the box, as soon as i can borrow a digital camera i'll post some pics on here.

I do have a question though, in a few places the holes i drilled must have been at somewhat of an angle and the screw cracked the wood on the outside a bit, is this going to be a major problem? Or should i just make sure it's covered with alot of glue and reinforced by another screw?

And also, due to a crappy old circular saw (blade wobbles a bit, it is a new blade though) a couple of the cuts were a bit off on the port boards and there is a 1/16" gap or so between the port boards and the top board, if i squeeze alot of silicone caulking in there and make sure there arent leaks will it be fine? Or with that large of a gap is it too big even for the silicone caulking?

Moe Lester
08-15-2005, 03:24 AM
i woulda went for a larger port, but if you rounded all corners it should be fine.

as long as you used wood glue i wouldnt worry about the splitting wood. fill the gap with silicone the best you can and it will probably be fine as well. 1/16" isnt much. just seal it well.

with only 600w id imagine youd be fine without a SSF.

Decado
08-15-2005, 02:43 PM
What do u mean by larger port? wider? or just more port volume? Either way i went with the port length that winisd said to go with for 2.5 x 16.5.