PDA

View Full Version : How the heck do you get into the Parametric EQ on the Eclipse HU's?

ls1pimp
08-14-2005, 01:15 AM
I have an Eclipse 5444, and i can't figure out how to get into the Parametric EQ. It says in the manual to press the "6" button once you are in the regular EQ, and i do this and it does nothing. If i press it quickly it does nothing, if i hold the button down it saves it as "user 6". So how the hell do you get into the basic Parametric EQ settings on this HU?

soundstreamer
08-14-2005, 01:24 AM
the sound adjustment needs to be on the "advanced" mode. put the deck into the eq settings mode(where it switches from rock > jazz > news > ...), turn the right dial to change what freqency to adjust and use the seek up and down arrows to adjust them. when it sounds good to you, press and hold the #1 button to save it. (iirc)

ls1pimp
08-14-2005, 01:32 AM
the sound adjustment needs to be on the "advanced" mode. put the deck into the eq settings mode(where it switches from rock > jazz > news > ...), turn the right dial to change what freqency to adjust and use the seek up and down arrows to adjust them. when it sounds good to you, press and hold the #1 button to save it. (iirc)

Yeah i understand how to get into the 13 band EQ through advanced mode. The manual says this HU also has a single band Parametric EQ on it within the 13 band eq, and it says to press the button "6" to get into it once you are at a frequnecy, i do this and it does nothing. It says with the Parametric you can set each frequency's sharpness with 3 different settings, but i can't get into them.

soundstreamer
08-14-2005, 09:07 AM
i looked at the manual for this one...
while you're adjusting the 13 band eq, you press the #6 for less than one second to make that adjustment. you simply held it in for too long, saving your settings on the button.

ls1pimp
08-14-2005, 10:02 AM
i looked at the manual for this one...
while you're adjusting the 13 band eq, you press the #6 for less than one second to make that adjustment. you simply held it in for too long, saving your settings on the button.

Thats exactly what i did, i hold it for less than a second, and it does nothing.

Johnston_2007
08-15-2005, 09:24 PM
does the eclipse 5425 model have this?

ls1pimp
08-15-2005, 11:07 PM
does the eclipse 5425 model have this?

Nah, yours just has a 3 band Graphic EQ. Mine is a 13 band Parametric EQ.

Johnston_2007
08-15-2005, 11:59 PM
well crap i wish i had one of those but could i buy an external equ. do have a 7-15 band.

ls1pimp
08-16-2005, 01:14 AM
well crap i wish i had one of those but could i buy an external equ. do have a 7-15 band.

I was actually stuck between my HU and yours (5425). How do you like your HU?

Johnston_2007
08-16-2005, 12:36 PM
i abousoulely love it to death...its nice and sleek looking and hella easy to use and it will read and disc u put it in no matter what and it gives excellent signal and a strong signal at that for 5 volts for each pair of rca's and not 5 volts spread out between the 3 sets. but i love the motorized face plate even more its a great headunit

Justintoxicated
08-16-2005, 02:44 PM
lol I could not figure mine out either. I will have to play now.

No to get off topic too far, but how does your guys remotes work?

Do they have to be pointed directly at the HUs sensor?

I'm tryng to getmy PAC setup and PAC SWI - X people told me they have never had a complaint for someone usning an eclipse HU before. My Remote has to be aimed DIRECTLY at the sensor.

Can you guys see if your remote are the same way? If you point the remote uat the celing, but below the HU and about 2-3 feet back can you bounce the signal off the ceiling?

I'm thinking about getting rid of my HU....Since the remote is so horrible that it shoudl not even be listed as a feature....

I don't plan to use the remote, however, I doo need to use the PAC!