PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Customs -Fiberglass boxes pics

subboxmaker
08-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Allright for the past 2 months me and my cousin have been investing a lot of time and money into our business, Fisher Customs. I just want to hear some of the opinions of people on this forum. What do you think the kind of demand is for boxes like these? Will it last? Right now we are just doing this on the side but want to see if we could possibly do installs and sell equipment along with our boxes. We already have two stores around our town that we have boxes sitting in as of last saturday. (Cartunes and Advance Audio) Both of the owners seem really excited to have our products in their stores. Any kind of opinions positive and negative about design or anything will be greatly appreciated. Here is some pictures of our boxes and our very basic webpage that was thrown together today in about 30 minutes. Thanks for your input guys.

Nathan Fisher
Fisher Customs

Website
www.alottacoladas.com/fishercustoms

jacko
08-11-2005, 11:43 PM
awesome job on the paint finishes.

AndyB
08-11-2005, 11:44 PM
The work looks really nice.. i would buy from you. Im sure it would work out nice.. Good luck, its worth a shot.

creater
08-11-2005, 11:45 PM
they look nice...very stylish...do the dual come with a seperating wall...or do you have to order that custom made???

joeldirt
08-11-2005, 11:50 PM
You know, you guys look like you got a great handle on what you are doing. Asthetics are great, and they look like there is alot of care put into them. My only concern is the tuning accuracy due to the pre-made ports and the odd shapes with fiberglass. It seems like it would be a vague guess, which in most cases if you are good with volume guestimates shouldnt hinder the sound quality at all too much. Another thing internaly the ports arent realy braced too much from what I can tell in the pictures. I wonder if over time they will crack from fatigue in vibrations, or just vibrations period I am curious about. DO not get me wrong I am not trying to say you are doing anyhting wrong. I am just like any other car audio critic on this site. I think what you guys are doing is great. I think you will jsut need to be patient until your reputation in your local area gets arround. Advertise and let your work speak for its self and you will find your self with a product in high demand these days and a solid ground to have your own business. Good luck. I'll have to post some of my own enclosures one of these days.

req
08-11-2005, 11:55 PM
honestly, the finish is incredible. and they look to be of quality.

im not sure i like how some have the wood 'box' shape that you can still see, ie the baffle and the front edges of the wood. maybe get a 1\2" round router bit and round the hell out of those parts. also double baffles would be awesome to see as well.

otherwise, great looking product you have there. i hope they sound just as good.

subboxmaker
08-12-2005, 12:02 AM
We can make them with a separating wall it just depends on what the customer wants. What we did with tuning the boxes was first build them and then filled them with packing peanuts and got the exact volume of the box. It worked out pretty good and im sure we are very close to what they are. I had planned on bracing up the ports on those boxes but when we were finished and they were screwed in they are Very stiff and do not move at all. I think bracing them up would almost cause more problems with vibrations. You would be suprised with how stiff they actually are in there, atleast i was. As for the paint and finish on our boxes. We bought a 60 gallon air compressor, 3 paint guns, and tons of paint supplies so that we can get these looking as good as we can. I also work at a body shop so i know about painting and body work. Also after we get a box painted we have them buffed at our body shop. Takes about 45 minutes per box but after that they look spectacular. You really have to see them in person, they look much better than in the pictures. Thanks for the comments guys keep them comin.

MarineGYSGT
08-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Hey they boxes look great. I can tell you if you were here in South Carolina you would make some money. We have alot of Marines here in Beaufort looking for fiberglass boxes. I am looking for one for my truck now.

ruckus
08-12-2005, 08:58 AM
The quality of your work speaks for itself. If you do move into installation and take as much care in installs as you do in fiber construction I think you can make a name for yourself. You will need a car audio scene in yuor area to get you started noone becomes a national name overnight even Unique Autosparts and West Coast Customs started as local companies and as their names got out they grew. Your website does need help though ;)

ngsm13
08-12-2005, 09:37 AM
You know, you guys look like you got a great handle on what you are doing. Asthetics are great, and they look like there is alot of care put into them. My only concern is the tuning accuracy due to the pre-made ports and the odd shapes with fiberglass. It seems like it would be a vague guess, which in most cases if you are good with volume guestimates shouldnt hinder the sound quality at all too much. Another thing internaly the ports arent realy braced too much from what I can tell in the pictures. I wonder if over time they will crack from fatigue in vibrations, or just vibrations period I am curious about. DO not get me wrong I am not trying to say you are doing anyhting wrong. I am just like any other car audio critic on this site. I think what you guys are doing is great. I think you will jsut need to be patient until your reputation in your local area gets arround. Advertise and let your work speak for its self and you will find your self with a product in high demand these days and a solid ground to have your own business. Good luck. I'll have to post some of my own enclosures one of these days.

They're not even amazingly oddly shaped. As stated below it's VERY simple to find the internal volume. Also, I have no doubts the ports are solid...they're not that huge or long...so it shouldn't be a concern at all.

NG

Black_Jesus
08-12-2005, 12:37 PM
1 question, how much.

and another... do you take visa :)

nikosbuddy
08-12-2005, 12:42 PM
They're not even amazingly oddly shaped. As stated below it's VERY simple to find the internal volume. Also, I have no doubts the ports are solid...they're not that huge or long...so it shouldn't be a concern at all.

NG
a good job is nice to ;)

smullen
08-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Allright for the past 2 months me and my cousin have been investing a lot of time and money into our business, Fisher Customs. I just want to hear some of the opinions of people on this forum. What do you think the kind of demand is for boxes like these? Will it last? Right now we are just doing this on the side but want to see if we could possibly do installs and sell equipment along with our boxes. We already have two stores around our town that we have boxes sitting in as of last saturday. (Cartunes and Advance Audio) Both of the owners seem really excited to have our products in their stores. Any kind of opinions positive and negative about design or anything will be greatly appreciated. Here is some pictures of our boxes and our very basic webpage that was thrown together today in about 30 minutes. Thanks for your input guys.

Nathan Fisher
Fisher Customs

Website
www.alottacoladas.com/fishercustoms (http://www.alottacoladas.com/fishercustoms)

Its kind of hard to tell quality from pics, but from what I can see they look like nice work... Finishes/Colors look real nice too...

Questions I have, are they just premade generic sided, or do you have Blueprints sized and tuned specifically for different subs, say XXXs, SXs, and other popular subs???

Also, I think its cool that you guys are doing your own thing... Its only Boxes today, Tommorow, it could be consoles and door panels and who knows what the next day....

My only negative comments or concerns are; will people pay enough for your products to actually make this a viable business???

Btw, do you have a Pricing Structure set???

I'd like to see some more of your enclosures... I'd like to see (3-4) 12"s in a Blazer..

subboxmaker
08-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Well we can basically build any kind of box tuned for any sub. It's just up to the customer, basically anything they want we can do. If they want a single box tuned for a XXX then we can build it. We do kind of have a pricing structure but it's bascially dependant on what box and how elaborate the box is. A dual 12" starts out at $200. Hopefully after the $60-$100 in materials per box and the hours of labor per box we can still turn a little profit. Right now we just want to get our name built up and get a good reputation. In the future we'll start looking to profit. Oh and I know our website needs a little help hopefully in a few weeks it will be lookin good. Thanks for the positive comments guy, oh and BTW If anyone is interested in one we can ship them.

Black_Jesus
08-12-2005, 07:22 PM
you DEFINATELY have a customer over here... sht is lookin better every time i look at it... im feelin a black carpeted box with black painted fiberglass...

how much would one of those boys be, sealed for a xxx15, 2 cu ft after displacement, needs a nice beefy baffle. shipped price to 80015 pls :)

ngsm13
08-12-2005, 08:22 PM
a good job is nice to ;)

Yeah, I was replying to the guy *****ing about inaccurate port tuning...telling him he's a tard. ( I wasn't talking to the original poster at all).

The boxes look amazing, great work.

NG

joeboxer5876
08-13-2005, 01:53 AM
i love the s-10 box. thats what i originally wanted to do with my ride. not enough money though. i really like the work alot. i would really like to try a little fiberglassing project. maybe when i get a job and some money i may try it.

94CamryBumpin
08-13-2005, 02:05 AM
d*mn man i cant' say enough about those finishes on the boxes...look better than factory and look glossy as ****, even in the pics...keep up the good work..

subboxmaker
08-13-2005, 03:42 AM
If you think the boxes look good in those pics wait until my cousin gets some high quality pics of the blue and orange dual boxes tomorow. The pics on our website were taken with a camera phone and really do not do them any justice. The blue one is a candy blue and just looks amazing in person.

San-Die-go
08-13-2005, 04:48 AM
ftbs? u from SAN DIE GO,CALI just wonderin cuz we have an advance audio out here,**** a lot of these ******s oppinions on here,not everybody on here but **** everybody who didnt help me 187,props to everybody who helped me,your doing a **** good ****in job,Im ****ed up "drunk and blazed off of hash" dissagree get at me SANDIEGO LOGAN ANd 25th N IMPERIAL!

San-Die-go
08-13-2005, 04:49 AM
why do they put ** on my words fffuuuccckkkk that

faulkton
08-13-2005, 06:10 AM

They only do that to the really smart people who have an excellent grasp of the english language.

ngsm13
08-13-2005, 01:00 PM

Are you a TARD?

NG

badass38chevy
08-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Im looking for 2 fiberglass slot ported boxes for both .I will have 2 jl audio 13.5 w6s in each box. I want boxes to be built to jl audio specs.Im running 2 jl audio 1000/1 amps to each box. Lots of power so they need to be thick fiberglass.What would the cost be.? Where are you located. Are these all fiberglass?

DIPayton
08-15-2005, 01:13 PM
nice work. I've been looking for a box forever and I know nothing about sub boxes and what I need for them... I'm gonna have to talk to you guys sometime. I might be a customer if you guys can ship them out. Just let me know what info I'd have to give you and maybe you guys can help me figure out what I need in a box to get the best sound out of my subs.

Dustin07
08-15-2005, 03:19 PM
nice work son- keep up the commitment to quality and i'm sure your name will grow quicker than anticipated.

SinongTatayMo
08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
hey man do you have a phone # i can call you about for a custom box? im really interested!

subboxmaker
08-16-2005, 06:25 PM
yes sure man, its 316-706-0366.
if anyone else is interested, its quite easier to talk over the phone expecially when you want something somewhat custom. Anyone, feel free to give me a call. Thanks guys

subboxmaker
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey just thought i would throw in a few pictures of a box we got done saturday. It is another candy blue like the dual on our website. we layed a nice metallic silver down and then tinted it with a blue. Came out very nice.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/fishpony/deriksbox004.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/fishpony/deriksbox003.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/fishpony/deriksbox002.jpg

nissanrider06
08-22-2005, 06:23 PM
dam that is sick, if i take my box in for 2 10's already primered, how much do u think they would charge me to paint it?? and clear, probably a silver or blue color!!!!

millerscents
08-22-2005, 06:38 PM
looks good keep em going

hope it kick's off for ya

subboxmaker
08-22-2005, 06:41 PM
honestly it would be hard to tell what a bodyshop would charge. i would say average maybe $75-$100. Their prices just vary so much that it is hard to say.

bimma85
08-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Dude those looks like chit man.

muwahaha, j/k. Excellent paint/finishing job and love the square setup, extremely clean with lots of trunk space. Two thumbs up. What do you charge the shops you sell to, or do they take a commision? You have your company name on em so everyone knows you and your buddy really made them?

subboxmaker
08-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the comments. We just tell the shops what we want for them and they price accordingly to what they want to make extra on them. We just have our name on that one orange one cuz we thought it'd look good for the webpage and stuff. We want to get some really small Fisher Customs stickers and put them on in the top corner before we clearcoat.

MetalMaxima
08-23-2005, 06:38 PM
What did you guys paint them with?

Moe Lester
08-23-2005, 07:06 PM
What did you guys paint them with?

paint

yz_gt69
08-23-2005, 07:17 PM
very honest answer Moe.. lol

subboxmaker
08-25-2005, 06:17 PM
we use automotive paint and clearcoat to paint them. usually either sherman williams or this other brand. The blue one is a candy. We layed down silver and then tinted over it with some blue reduced 1:10.

PowerNaudio
08-26-2005, 09:31 AM
i have to say wow, those boxes are soo ******* clean, i really like the look of the dual sub dual port design, im sure you guys are going to have a pretty solid business, if ran right and find the market in your area, i suggest getting with one of the local shipping services and seen how you could get special pricing or something for shipping b/c high shipping prices may hurt sales.
again those boxes are impressively nice, im sure the will sell no doubt.

TooLowTooGo
08-26-2005, 10:14 AM
i like em:) ALOT!
wish i could fiberglass:(

dubrx
08-26-2005, 11:18 AM
where exactly are you located?