PDA

View Full Version : Boston Acoustics Z5 or MB Quart QSD213?? Components

bigman411
08-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Discuss. I have a JL Audio 450/4 amp. I need something really really loud and clear. It came down to those 2.

audiolife
08-10-2005, 08:08 PM
volume i would say the z5 clarity both are good mb quart tweeters need to be slightly off axis to not murder your ear drums.

bigman411
08-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Lol, I want the loudest components. I am leaning toward the mb quarts since there $100 cheaper and maybe better.

audiolife
08-10-2005, 09:00 PM
volume=loud

bigman411
08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
volume=loud

ya but i want tweeters to murder my ears. :D

audiolife
08-10-2005, 09:41 PM
geta horn comp set even a cd-1e set would own both of these sets in volume. also in the murder your ears statement it wasnt about being loud as much as i ment being harsh and tinty

Mackenzie
08-10-2005, 10:31 PM

Get some infinity comps. They will do an excellent job of murdering your ears

XDrkmanX
08-10-2005, 10:37 PM
I've only heard them on a display wall, but I preferred the Z's over the Q's

My vote is for Boston

bigman411
08-10-2005, 11:25 PM
I've only heard them on a display wall, but I preferred the Z's over the Q's

My vote is for Boston

Not alot of places you can find with what you want. I havent found any mb quarts q series on display. I found boston acoustics z6 at tweeter.

bigman411
08-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Get some infinity comps. They will do an excellent job of murdering your ears

Why would you even say that? Im not looking for cheap speakers. Im not saying that there horrible,but the 2 I named that I want are much better than infinity. I want either of the 2 that I said in thread.

XDrkmanX
08-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Tweeter is where I head the Z's and the Q's

bigman411
08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Tweeter is where I head the Z's and the Q's

Now I want to spend the extra $100 and get the boston's. But some people say this some people say that. I thought bostons were good on home audio, they good on car audio? they havent been around for awhile.

audiolife
08-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Now I want to spend the extra $100 and get the boston's. But some people say this some people say that. I thought bostons were good on home audio, they good on car audio? they havent been around for awhile.
???? i used to sell boston home and car from 98-2000 and they been around at least since i could remember 89-90ish at least same with quart which is also very well known for home speakers.

squeak9798
08-11-2005, 01:27 AM

No, seriously........you don't.

Mackenzie
08-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Why would you even say that? Im not looking for cheap speakers. Im not saying that there horrible,but the 2 I named that I want are much better than infinity. I want either of the 2 that I said in thread.

Infinity speakers arent all that cheap. They sound clear, they just have a tendency to murder your ears like you like. I think they would be the better choice for you if your looking for some loud comps.

bigman411
08-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Infinity speakers arent all that cheap. They sound clear, they just have a tendency to murder your ears like you like. I think they would be the better choice for you if your looking for some loud comps.

They dont even run with the boston acoustics. There not going to be good with 150rms x 2.

Mackenzie
08-11-2005, 12:12 PM
By all means im not syaing infinity is the best, but they will do the best job for what he wants. They will sure torture your ears. Send a clean 150rms to them, and sure they will handle it just fine. But if hes going to choose from the 2 he listed, then the mb quarts will do the best at killing his ears. Good luck

XDrkmanX
08-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Save yourself a few hundred bucks and get a set of Koda's;)

OCURIEL
08-11-2005, 07:04 PM
I heard both the bostons & the premium quarts at tweeter as well when i was shopping around for speakers. I personally like the premium quarts better then the boston's. the quarts didn't sound too bright like some people say they do. they sounded loud & crisp clear to me. mid-bass could be better though.

you might want to consider the adire koda's like drkman reccomended. they will be loud, clear & will pump out some amazing mid-bass from what i've read. i personally went with the phoenix gold elite 6.5 components to compliment my pg titanium amps. i'm in the process of installing them so i havent heard them play yet.

Mackenzie
08-11-2005, 07:22 PM
The pg xenons are a good choice for him. They can get very loud, and sound great, oh but wait the tweeter isnt harsh. O well for that

bigman411
08-11-2005, 11:20 PM
im getting boston acoustics z5's

Echo42987
08-11-2005, 11:29 PM
^^^IS that final because something thats even better then either of those that would fit you just perfect is the Focal 165K2Ps. Amazing speakers and you can put them as loud as you so desire!

But of the two you have chose it's a close call in my opinion. The Quarts don't have a nice of a midbass response but they sure as hell sound great when put to high volumes. As being a person who use to work for ABT the Q series were amazing but the problem was everyone thought they could handle way more and they would tend to blow on them. But they have a good warranty.

Thought the Z's were made to handle extreme volumes but they sound a little more "tight" I am a personal fan of the Z's. They sound great and get the job done! Except they seem to be a little more harsh at higher volumes.

But since you live in IL not sure where but check out Tweeter sometime. and go in their sound room, which *****, and listen to the Z's and the Focals. I gurantee you'll choose the focals. Cleaner and Crisper sound that doesn't pierce at all!

bigman411
08-11-2005, 11:54 PM
^^^IS that final because something thats even better then either of those that would fit you just perfect is the Focal 165K2Ps. Amazing speakers and you can put them as loud as you so desire!

But of the two you have chose it's a close call in my opinion. The Quarts don't have a nice of a midbass response but they sure as hell sound great when put to high volumes. As being a person who use to work for ABT the Q series were amazing but the problem was everyone thought they could handle way more and they would tend to blow on them. But they have a good warranty.

Thought the Z's were made to handle extreme volumes but they sound a little more "tight" I am a personal fan of the Z's. They sound great and get the job done! Except they seem to be a little more harsh at higher volumes.

But since you live in IL not sure where but check out Tweeter sometime. and go in their sound room, which *****, and listen to the Z's and the Focals. I gurantee you'll choose the focals. Cleaner and Crisper sound that doesn't pierce at all!

Isnt that the middle model of focals? How can you tell by ear really which sounds harsh? Everyone has there own opinions. Oviously the bostons will get really loud and be fine. Arent the utopia's better than the k2's?

99StangGt
08-12-2005, 01:50 AM
Yes the utopias are a line above the 165k2p. there best line is around 3500.00. The 165k2p are what you would want IMHO. the tweeters kill and make great midbass. I ran some 165k off 230 watts with no problems at all and my ears bleed, lol. wish i still had them

bigman411
08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Yes the utopias are a line above the 165k2p. there best line is around 3500.00. The 165k2p are what you would want IMHO. the tweeters kill and make great midbass. I ran some 165k off 230 watts with no problems at all and my ears bleed, lol. wish i still had them

I am deciding to go with the boston acoustics Z6's not z5. The guy thats installing them I know and he had a 01 mustang coupe. I have a convertible. He had the boston acoustics z6's in there. I am trusting him :). I also heard them in tweeter today with my own cd I brought in. Three 6 mafia. :D

squeak9798
08-12-2005, 02:27 PM
I am deciding to go with the boston acoustics Z6's not z5. The guy thats installing them I know and he had a 01 mustang coupe. I have a convertible. He had the boston acoustics z6's in there. I am trusting him :). I also heard them in tweeter today with my own cd I brought in. Three 6 mafia. :D

You're spending $600 on speakers for rap :eyebrow: :wow: :crazy:

bigman411
08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
You're spending $600 on speakers for rap :eyebrow: :wow: :crazy:

Rap, techno, anything. what do you mean lol. I dont just want all bassssss. I like quality sound thats why i have all JL.

Xtra
08-12-2005, 02:47 PM
I went with the 165K2Ps after demoing them against the Z6s at tweeter. I didnt think twice about the comparison after hearing them both honestly. The Focals killed them in midbass and I loved the tweeter as well.

I demoed listening to Choices 2 soundtrack :p.

bigman411
08-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I went with the 165K2Ps after demoing them against the Z6s at tweeter. I didnt think twice about the comparison after hearing them both honestly. The Focals killed them in midbass and I loved the tweeter as well.

I demoed listening to Choices 2 soundtrack :p.

Its not all about bass. Talking about clarity and just basically SQ. I just was at tweeter today. The focals were $50 cheaper. They both sounded good, but then again you have no idea whats the tuning at on the amps. The JL 300/4 sounded better than the 300/2, who knows.

XDrkmanX
08-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Koda's

specially for rap

SSS 18734
08-12-2005, 03:08 PM
I like quality sound thats why i have all JL.

:rolleyes:

JL isnt the god of car audio, you know

squeak9798
08-12-2005, 03:36 PM
:rolleyes:

JL isnt the god of car audio, you know

But they are definitely a quality brand, so I don't know what your comment has to do with anything :rolleyes: