PDA

View Full Version : HEEELLLLLLP! Can I do this?

Cajundude
08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
I've spent quite a few hours already building the fiberglass base to the point of being ready to wrap. It is 3/8" to 1/2" thick all around, I know, probalby overkill but here is my dilemma. I need more air space. What you will see in the pic is what I want to know if I can do. I have the stuff on on the left side of the pic already built but I need more space. Can I do this? Thanks for you help!

http://www.cajundude.com/Willthiswork.pdf (www.cajundude.com/Willthiswork.pdf)

PRIVATEpastry
08-11-2005, 12:49 AM
If you posted some real pics, that would be very helpful.

Cajundude
08-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the reply but why would I spend extra hours building a box and then ask if the design works? Isn't that what drawing it out first is for? Anyway, I may have found another way. I'm going to re-measure the air space when I'm done with the next phase.

PRIVATEpastry
08-11-2005, 10:07 AM
I meant pics of what you have already... lol. If you could get those, that might give people some other ideas.

tRiGgEr
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
I never liked the Idea of a crazy box. It can restrict air flow/pressure within the box. If it is sealed I don't see a major problem. I would not suggest it ported.

Cajundude
08-11-2005, 10:10 AM
:crazy: I'll try and get some posted soon.:laugh:

Cajundude
08-11-2005, 10:12 AM
I never liked the Idea of a crazy box. It can restrict air flow/pressure within the box. If it is sealed I don't see a major problem. I would not suggest it ported.

Yep, completely sealed fiberglass box. I'll see what happens tonight when I cloth it. I'm gonna expand it outward and upward some to gain more space. I may not have to do the extra fab work at all.

tRiGgEr
08-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Yep, completely sealed fiberglass box. I'll see what happens tonight when I cloth it. I'm gonna expand it outward and upward some to gain more space. I may not have to do the extra fab work at all.

Also think about adding a little polyfill in there.