PDA

View Full Version : broken tweeter

TheForgotten
08-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Hey everyone i'm new to this car audio stuff and got these pair of coaxial speakers from my buddy. They were from his last car so there a bit older and well he said one of the tweeters on them is broken. So my question is, are tweeters possible to fix? as in is it possible to buy a single tweeter and fix it myself? if not would i be able to send it to the factory and have them fix it?

By the way the speakers are Eclipse 5 1/4" coax, they say 8951 on the xover unit. I tried looking this up online but couldn't get any hits as to exaclty what brand they are.

And one last question, how can i test out these speakers to make sure the tweeter is actually broken? my buddy might just have been mistaken. Is there any way other than pulling off my door pannel and hooking them up to my car?

Any help would be appreciated guys thanks.

TheForgotten
08-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Bumping myself...

albarran9
08-12-2005, 01:19 PM
I think it would be a little hard to fix a coax tweet your self. if its really broken i'd try to see if the company will fix it, if they even sell the parts to fix a tweet. you can test the speaker with an exteral amp and hookin it up to the battery and not having to pull apart your door, and if you dont have an amp you can use a home audio reciver unit if the ohm loads are compatible.