PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about upgrading my interiors

folgrz
08-09-2005, 09:11 PM
well since i have a sub now im looking for some more power and clarity up front in the cabin i mostly want the speakers up front to be more leaned toward SQ but would like some SPL so basically SQL

my speakers are 6 1/2" up front

6x9" in the rear deck

rear door has 6 1/2" cutouts but then i would have to go custom so i dont really feel like doing that

i was looking at some diamond audio d6 speakers should i get component speakers

or regular coaxials whats the difference? and what kind of amp would you guys reccommend

i also have tweeters up front but i dont know how big they are id have to get back to you guys with the measurement of the tweets

linvillegorge
08-09-2005, 10:05 PM
All things being equal, components will give you a little better sound, but coaxials will be a little simpler to install. Myself, I went with coaxials for simplicity. It's all up to the individual, but a decent set of components or coaxials will be a huge upgrade from factory speakers. What's your budget? Music / sound preferences? Are you going to be running them off of an amp or off of the HU?

OlogyAudio
08-09-2005, 10:47 PM
You have a PM.

folgrz
08-09-2005, 11:11 PM
budget is about 1k for interiors, i listen to rap music, plan on running them off an amp

OlogyAudio
08-10-2005, 12:43 AM
budget is about 1k for interiors, i listen to rap music, plan on running them off an amp
Odd I dont have a confirmed or unconfirmed read reciept for your PM -- did it not go though -- my net was acting a bit funny at about the time I sent it but didn't want to send it twice... if you didn't get it let me know

folgrz
08-10-2005, 12:27 PM
i got it sorry dude

i didnt confirm the reciept

OlogyAudio
08-10-2005, 02:35 PM
i got it sorry dude

i didnt confirm the reciept

Ah alrite -- strange bug -- doesn't put it on the confirmed or unconfirmed list... I got your PM though -- feel free to ask questions :)

nycspudz03
08-10-2005, 11:02 PM
I sent Dylan a PM and still havent recieved a response? =(