PDA

View Full Version : How do i get the 3 year Eclipse warranty?

ls1pimp
08-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I got my 5444 today, and it has a warranty card which states that its under a 1 year warranty, says nothing about a 3 year warranty. I do plan on having a Certified Eclipse Dealer install it for me, but the warranty card says nothign about getting a 3 year warranty. It even says "There are no warranties, which extend beyond the description on the face hereof". Is the 3 year warranty like a like a secret warranty or something?

Johnny Drama
08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
If a verrified dealer installs it you get the 3 year warranty.

ls1pimp
08-09-2005, 08:43 PM
If a verrified dealer installs it you get the 3 year warranty.

I know, but how does one get this in writing? The warranty card that came with my Head unit says nothing about that whatsover, just seems strange that this "3 year warranty" is from word of mouth only.

Johnny Drama
08-09-2005, 09:57 PM
I tell you what, go ask them. If they are certified they fax in the registration and recipt. Then you mail in the card that comes with it. Eclipse puts it on file, I was told 3 years when mine was installed.

ls1pimp
08-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Well i have the HU w/ warranty card and verification from Eclipse that it is indeed elegible for the 3 year warranty, but this guy refuses to believe the warranty is still valid since it was shipped to me, and won't bump me up to the 3 year even if i get it installed by him. Looks like i won't be getting a 3 year warranty on it, what a jackass this guy is.

JLCivic
08-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Well i have the HU w/ warranty card and verification from Eclipse that it is indeed elegible for the 3 year warranty, but this guy refuses to believe the warranty is still valid since it was shipped to me, and won't bump me up to the 3 year even if i get it installed by him. Looks like i won't be getting a 3 year warranty on it, what a jackass this guy is.

Do this:

Get it installed by the authorized dealer
They sign off on the card I believe(think that is still there?) saying they installed it
Mail in the card along with a copy of your receipt for the deck to Eclipse within 30 days of purchase

That kickstarts the 3 year warranty. YES, I know it only says 1 year on the card. I questioned that as well 2 years when I bought my CD8051 because the card USED to say 3 year warranty. I was told they had to word it like that because certain state laws governing how warranties were worded or something.

Just do what I mention, and you will be fine. Whatever you do, don't lose the registration card or NOT mail it in.

If the Eclipse dealer balks at signing it, then call Eclipse FROM HIS DEALER and have them talk to him.

ls1pimp
08-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Do this:

Get it installed by the authorized dealer
They sign off on the card I believe(think that is still there?) saying they installed it
Mail in the card along with a copy of your receipt for the deck to Eclipse within 30 days of purchase

That kickstarts the 3 year warranty. YES, I know it only says 1 year on the card. I questioned that as well 2 years when I bought my CD8051 because the card USED to say 3 year warranty. I was told they had to word it like that because certain state laws governing how warranties were worded or something.

Just do what I mention, and you will be fine. Whatever you do, don't lose the registration card or NOT mail it in.

If the Eclipse dealer balks at signing it, then call Eclipse FROM HIS DEALER and have them talk to him.

The guy says that since i had it shipped UPS it voids the warranty no matter what Eclipse told me, he absolutely refuses to sign the card. And the only other local Eclipse dealer wants 70 bucks to install the HU which is just stupid. I don't even want this guy touching my car if he is gonna give me a hard time about doing what he is supposed to (give me the 3 year warranty)

JLCivic
08-10-2005, 03:12 PM
The guy says that since i had it shipped UPS it voids the warranty no matter what Eclipse told me, he absolutely refuses to sign the card. And the only other local Eclipse dealer wants 70 bucks to install the HU which is just stupid. I don't even want this guy touching my car if he is gonna give me a hard time about doing what he is supposed to (give me the 3 year warranty)

Go to the shop and call Eclipse from there. Have them explain why shipping the deck was ok(because it is not a current model is the reason, imo). I don't see why a local dealer would think his opinion somehow trumps what ECLIPSE said on the phone.

ls1pimp
08-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Go to the shop and call Eclipse from there. Have them explain why shipping the deck was ok(because it is not a current model is the reason, imo). I don't see why a local dealer would think his opinion somehow trumps what ECLIPSE said on the phone.
I dunno, it seems like alot of effort, and i don't need this jack *** explaining to eclipse why they should void my warranty, obviously he as a dealer as alot more say than me in the situation. 1 year is probably good enough for me anyway.

JLCivic
08-10-2005, 03:28 PM
I dunno, it seems like alot of effort, and i don't need this jack *** explaining to eclipse why they should void my warranty, obviously he as a dealer as alot more say than me in the situation. 1 year is probably good enough for me anyway.
You have spent days and days on the forums to try to come up with what deck you should or should not buy, but a phone call is a lot of effort? Your call, but 3 year warranty > 1 year warranty.

ls1pimp
08-10-2005, 04:15 PM
You have spent days and days on the forums to try to come up with what deck you should or should not buy, but a phone call is a lot of effort? Your call, but 3 year warranty > 1 year warranty.

Well, Eclipse told me the guy has no say in it , and all i need to do is mail in his reciept. But.......... i also had them verify that he is indeed an Authorized Dealer, and they said his shop is not on their list of dealers. So i think im gonna have to go and say screw that shop, i don't need Eclipse rejected their reciept if he is not actually authorized.

Justintoxicated
08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I feel your pain I got my Hu a few months ao and never sent in the Waranty card is it to late to do this now?

I'm still looking for my reciept so i can get the dealers address. What I did was install the HU myself and purchased Good Guys Warranty.

I had to buy a new Dash for my vehicle, as well as order Merta Mounting Hardware and wiring harness I don't think the local should even realized that they had NO WAY to instal the HU into my truck and in order for them to do it it cost $50 + whatever their prices were on these items (more than I paid for them online I' sure), so rather than doing that I just purchased Good Guys 5 year warrany for $60 and called it a day. I also ended up having to dremel the trim piece from the metra kit kit because the arms on the CD5444 would collide with the trim piece, I wonder how good guys would have solved this problem? I doubt they could! They would have instead used the alternate install method that leaves a huge gap all the way around the HU showing the metal casing and sleeve and recesses the HU in the dash which looks like compleat ***.

Sometimes it's not worth all the hassle, I hope that in 3 years I will be purchasing a new HU that allows you to make copies of CD's or perhaps navigation will be a standard by then!

However if my HU brakes in more than 2 years I will probably just opt to purcahse a new one anyways as it seems a good excuse to upgrade.

If you have teh HU installed by an authorized dealer keep in mind that whe and if it does break you have to drop your truck off for them to remove it and again for them to re-install it when it comes back. Personaly that inconvienience is not worth my time. I'd rather pull it out myself Knowing exactly that the work is being done correctly and drop it off at my convienience.

Is there a good guys near you?

What is funny is even if I had the eclispe dealer install it I woudl have taken it in and out of the dash numerous times as I build my system, still has to come out one more time so I can swap an RCA and install a PAC SWIX

ls1pimp
08-10-2005, 04:41 PM
I feel your pain I got my Hu a few months ao and never sent in the Waranty card is it to late to do this now?

I'm still looking for my reciept so i can get the dealers address. What I did was install the HU myself and purchased Good Guys Warranty.

I had to buy a new Dash for my vehicle, as well as order Merta Mounting Hardware and wiring harness I don't think the local should even realized that they had NO WAY to instal the HU into my truck and in order for them to do it it cost $50 + whatever their prices were on these items (more than I paid for them online I' sure), so rather than doing that I just purchased Good Guys 5 year warrany for $60 and called it a day. I also ended up having to dremel the trim piece from the metra kit kit because the arms on the CD5444 would collide with the trim piece, I wonder how good guys would have solved this problem? I doubt they could! They would have instead used the alternate install method that leaves a huge gap all the way around the HU showing the metal casing and sleeve and recesses the HU in the dash which looks like compleat ***.

Sometimes it's not worth all the hassle, I hope that in 3 years I will be purchasing a new HU that allows you to make copies of CD's or perhaps navigation will be a standard by then!

However if my HU brakes in more than 2 years I will probably just opt to purcahse a new one anyways as it seems a good excuse to upgrade.

If you have teh HU installed by an authorized dealer keep in mind that whe and if it does break you have to drop your truck off for them to remove it and again for them to re-install it when it comes back. Personaly that inconvienience is not worth my time. I'd rather pull it out myself Knowing exactly that the work is being done correctly and drop it off at my convienience.

Is there a good guys near you?

What is funny is even if I had the eclispe dealer install it I woudl have taken it in and out of the dash numerous times as I build my system, still has to come out one more time so I can swap an RCA and install a PAC SWIX

Did you see my PM's? I was asking what you meant by your threaed saying you can't adjust midrange output, i was under the impression it has a 13 band EQ on it, which seems more than sufficient to adjust midrange.

ls1pimp
08-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Wow, did not know that about having to bring it to the place that installed it to take it out if something goes wrong. That is 100% out then, im moving to massachusetts in like 2 weeks, and my college is in the middle of nowhere. Guess 1 year will have to do. :)

JLCivic
08-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, Eclipse told me the guy has no say in it , and all i need to do is mail in his reciept. But.......... i also had them verify that he is indeed an Authorized Dealer, and they said his shop is not on their list of dealers. So i think im gonna have to go and say screw that shop, i don't need Eclipse rejected their reciept if he is not actually authorized.
So the shop you want to install the deck is not on Eclipse's list of authorized dealers? That either sounds like an error OR the guy has dropped(or been dropped) by Eclipse. Maybe that is why he is giving you a hard time?

It is odd. At this point, I say just send in what you have and check with eclipse later as to how long your warranty is.

ls1pimp
08-10-2005, 05:10 PM
So the shop you want to install the deck is not on Eclipse's list of authorized dealers? That either sounds like an error OR the guy has dropped(or been dropped) by Eclipse. Maybe that is why he is giving you a hard time?

It is odd. At this point, I say just send in what you have and check with eclipse later as to how long your warranty is.

Yes. Eclipse told me the place i bought it from was Authorized, but they couldn't find the intstaller there. And forget the 3 year warranty, I go to school out of state, adn there is no way im gonna drive back to my hometown if the thing breaks. Ill just stick with the 1 year i guess. :)

3.5Max6spd
08-10-2005, 05:29 PM
On all ocasions in which I, friend or family have bought an Eclipse deck installed, the dealer himself upon signing it has mailed it himself.