PDA

View Full Version : Question about computer speakers?

awsamia
08-09-2005, 03:49 AM
Is it possible to use computer speakers anywhere else? Like hook them up to your stereo or my laptop?

My parents have the best sounding Boston computer speakers, including a sub, that I have ever heard and I'm taking them to college with me if I can use them.

JimJ
08-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Sure, you can use them...if you want to hook them up to a regular stereo receiver, you'll probably need an adapter to convert the 1/8" stereo plug into RCA plugs.

OdieTRP
08-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Thread hijack warning...are there any wireless computer speakers available?

ToyTundra
08-09-2005, 01:59 PM
how would they get their power? batteries? I haven't seen any.

OdieTRP
08-09-2005, 06:04 PM
how would they get their power? batteries? I haven't seen any.

Not necessarily wireless as far as power; just wireless for the sound. I know home speakers are made that are wireless. I can't get in ESPN radio at work because I'm in a building, but I can stream it online. The only problem is my desk is 10 feet away from my computer, running wires is not an option and playing it on the computer itself is too loud. It's a shot in the dark at best.

PV Audio
08-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Not necessarily wireless as far as power; just wireless for the sound. I know home speakers are made that are wireless. I can't get in ESPN radio at work because I'm in a building, but I can stream it online. The only problem is my desk is 10 feet away from my computer, running wires is not an option and playing it on the computer itself is too loud. It's a shot in the dark at best.
don't get me started on the atrocious sq of wireless speakers. i'd take conduction through an I-beam before i'd use wireless.

AndyB
08-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Direct plugin...i have seen some wireless ones somewhere... didnt look very good though.