PDA

View Full Version : 1 cu. ft

95Prober
08-08-2005, 09:52 PM
hi guys. well, my brother wants to install 10's and we are gonna make a sealed box first. thing is, the box is supposed to be almost 12x12x12 per chamber (1 cu. foot) i read that ur not supposed to make the chamber a perfect cube. is this correct? if i shouldnt, do i just and minus an inch and add it on another side, or must i do more? i prefer just a box with no slants, since its our first time with a sealed

thx!

Mr. Opportunist
08-08-2005, 09:53 PM
wtf are you talking about a cube is fine.

albarran9
08-08-2005, 10:43 PM
i have yet to see a box that is not square and was ment to be un even. i think that if you build a cube box it will make the box stronger and have better support for each side.

PhatTonyDeMarco
08-08-2005, 10:46 PM
That makes no sense at all. A perfect cube internally is going to be bad, versus a 1.1cuft box? Explain what could happen :crazy:

95Prober
08-13-2005, 04:50 PM
That makes no sense at all. A perfect cube internally is going to be bad, versus a 1.1cuft box? Explain what could happen :crazy:

hey, dont everyone go raggin on me. this is just what i read. its NOT my words. everyone says "search" so i did and thats what you post read. i thought that why would it matter, but some people said that a PERFECT cube is not recomended (12x12x12)

something about hindering the performance of the sub. so i wasnt sure