PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to consider?

DIPayton
08-08-2005, 07:19 PM
The whole idea of getting a box for my 2 subs is much harder than I thought. Ported, sealed or bandpass? How do you really decide. After reading the "sticky" thread on this, I am completly confused and know much less than I thought I did before.

when making a box do I need to consider the following:
music type?
what kind of amp?
what kind of subs?
what else?

what do I need to consider before getting an enclosure made. I will pay a lot for the right one. I will buy online, from a local store or even build it myself as long as I can get the right one for the system. If it helps, I have 2 12" Infinity Perfect 12.1 single voice coil subs running off an infinity Reference 611a amp. any suggestions? sealed or ported? Sorry for asking questions that have been answered 100 times but I cannot find a good answer. If you have any suggestions just let me know.

DIPayton
08-08-2005, 07:19 PM
and if this thread annoys you because the thread is a repeat of the same old questions, then you can delete it after I get my answer.

SSS 18734
08-08-2005, 07:20 PM
The answer to all your questions is yes. What kind of music do you listen to?

Personally, I prefer ported in almost all applications. Go ahead and cross bandpass off your list. Boxes are way too big and they are unpractical for daily drivers.

DIPayton
08-08-2005, 07:27 PM
yeah, I was not really considering bandpass. But I like rap. The beats have a lot of bass... I would not be dissapointed if I did not get the most bass possible. I just want good SQ. So what do you suggest.. I do like rap.

SSS 18734
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Sounds like ported would be a perfect for you. I would suggest a medium-sized box tuned to around 35-38hz for rap, maybe a little lower if you want a slightly more linear frequency response. And be sure to feed the subs plenty of power.