PDA

View Full Version : 2003 civic hu problems

slurp23@hotmail
08-08-2005, 10:24 AM
cd player is wired properly to the harness. cd player turns on and plays a cd, but no sound through car speakers. so, we un-hook a speaker lead and wire it to a spare pioneer i had, we get sound. we checked all speaker connections, everything is good. my question is do we need the security code to get an after-market cd player to work in the civic? thx guys

GCAdidas13
08-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Because you doubleposted, I'm not helping.

slurp23@hotmail
08-08-2005, 10:38 AM
thx for the help.

GCAdidas13
08-08-2005, 10:50 AM
I did help. Don't doublepost and people will help :) i've supplied you with that information. You were like "YAY Someone replied to my post!!!!" and then you were dissappointed when it was me, saying not to double post.

1. what head unit is it.

2. and from what you say, is that a speaker will work when attached right out of the head unit, but won't work when you have it attached at the door?

slurp23@hotmail
08-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I did help. Don't doublepost and people will help :) i've supplied you with that information. You were like "YAY Someone replied to my post!!!!" and then you were dissappointed when it was me, saying not to double post.

1. what head unit is it.

2. and from what you say, is that a speaker will work when attached right out of the head unit, but won't work when you have it attached at the door?

head unit is a pioneer deh-3700mp

2. correct

everything is wired correctly. i think it might have something to do with the cars anti-theft system.

GCAdidas13
08-08-2005, 04:28 PM
well if a speaker works straight out of the head unit, but wont work when a 5 foot speaker wire is ran from that same spot on the head unit to the door speaker, then you just need to rewire again.